What's made your day today?

Started by pxr5, February 25, 2022, 02:19:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt2112

Quote from: Matt2112 on May 27, 2024, 08:13:33 PMDavid Lynch has appeared on social media for the first time in almost 18 months - in a short teaser video promising something unspecified being released on "June 5".

I suspect it will mark the resumption of his daily YouTube "weather reports", but hoping for something much more significant.

Turns out he's merely collaborated on an album.  Bit of a let-down that, in all honesty.

Thenop

Not today - tomorrow: 5 days away into the country, the east part of our country where there's tree life and all. Weather forecast is, well sh!t, but that doesn't matter. Away is away. Bring books, music and walking shoes.

The Picnic Wasp

Bought a battery powered tennis racquet fly killer thingy from Aldi. Thought it was just a gimmick but it's amazing. Hitting them's a bit tricky with double vision, but when I do, big spark, loud crack and no more fly. Great fun for £4.99.

David L

Quote from: The Picnic Wasp on June 17, 2024, 05:05:45 PMBought a battery powered tennis racquet fly killer thingy from Aldi. Thought it was just a gimmick but it's amazing. Hitting them's a bit tricky with double vision, but when I do, big spark, loud crack and no more fly. Great fun for £4.99.
Would it work on cats?

Slim

Quote from: The Picnic Wasp on June 17, 2024, 05:05:45 PMBought a battery powered tennis racquet fly killer thingy from Aldi. Thought it was just a gimmick but it's amazing. Hitting them's a bit tricky with double vision, but when I do, big spark, loud crack and no more fly. Great fun for £4.99.

I've got one of those, from Amazon I think. Work nicely on wasps, a bit mediaeval but I think they expire quite quickly.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

The Picnic Wasp

Quote from: Slim on June 17, 2024, 05:25:56 PM

I've got one of those, from Amazon I think. Work nicely on wasps, a bit mediaeval but I think they expire quite quickly.

Is that because of my Farage comment? 😂

Thenop

Quote from: David L on June 17, 2024, 05:18:39 PM
Would it work on cats?

Never mind that, how about pesky neighbours?

Fishy

Wasps are cunts they deserve all they get
From The Land of Honest Men

The Picnic Wasp

Quote from: Thenop on June 17, 2024, 05:52:04 PM
Quote from: David L on June 17, 2024, 05:18:39 PM
Would it work on cats?

Never mind that, how about pesky neighbours?

Yeah, need to build a fence made of that mesh, attached to a Tesla battery.

pxr5

Got one from Aldi the other day too. They work really well. The first time I bought one was in Cyprus when they were unheard of in the UK. I tested it on my wife, she still hasn't forgiven me. I caught a big fuck off hornet on one once and kept zapping it - sparks flying everywhere. It eventually flew off, like wtf.
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

Slim

Found a nice webcam based in Northampton, with views from the Express Lift Tower. The camera pans round a bit every 15 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqw62dfRIvk

I went looking for it because 40 years ago today began one of the oddest episodes of my life, when I went to live in a guest house there and stayed there for nearly six months, doing nothing. And yet I have come to see my "lost weekend" as a sort of rite of passage.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Thenop

Quote from: Slim on June 17, 2024, 10:23:02 PMFound a nice webcam based in Northampton, with views from the Express Lift Tower. The camera pans round a bit every 15 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqw62dfRIvk

I went looking for it because 40 years ago today began one of the oddest episodes of my life, when I went to live in a guest house there and stayed there for nearly six months, doing nothing. And yet I have come to see my "lost weekend" as a sort of rite of passage.

I feel there's an episode of Slim's Musings in there.

Matt2112

Has some bi-annual health checks recently, culminating this morning at Leeds General Infirmary's cardiology department.

Turns out my bloods, blood pressure, heart health and the status of the occluder inserted in my atrial septum (I never tire of how naughty that sounds) are all good and normal.

I have one more appointment in 2 years' time when, assuming all is still well, I will be finally discharged for good, almost 11 years after my "cryptogenic cerebrovascular accident". :)