What's in/on Your DVD/VCR/PVR etc

Started by pxr5, February 23, 2022, 08:06:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt2112

Quote from: pxr5 on May 12, 2024, 03:59:34 PMGhostbusters: Frozen Empire  Wow, how could they mess up such a solid movie franchise? Well they did - massively. Extremely disappointing all round. The old guard were there, but mostly unused and the new team were insipid and dull. Awful really 3/10

Oh dear - disappointing to hear this as its predecessor was very good.

pxr5

Quote from: Matt2112 on May 12, 2024, 07:19:15 PM
Quote from: pxr5 on May 12, 2024, 03:59:34 PMGhostbusters: Frozen Empire  Wow, how could they mess up such a solid movie franchise? Well they did - massively. Extremely disappointing all round. The old guard were there, but mostly unused and the new team were insipid and dull. Awful really 3/10

Oh dear - disappointing to hear this as its predecessor was very good.
I love Ghostbusters and after the decent Afterlife I was really looking forward to this one. Maybe my anticipation was too high, which is why I disliked Frozen Empire so much. Carrie Coon and Paul Rudd are both actors I really like and they seemed wasted in this effort which is a real shame. Of course I may seem over harsh and my wife thought it wasn't as bad as I did. YMMV.
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

pxr5

The second series of Them. It's not a sequel rather an: "Anthology horror series with varying characters and locations by season, featuring different aspects of the horror genre."

The first season was dark, traumatic and suffocating at times. This time it's more of a serial killer-type story. But I've only watched 2 episodes thus far and it could go anywhere really as the weird events unfold - all chilling and very strange stuff indeed.

dom

Nearly finished season 1 of "Why Women Kill".

Was beginning to think it was a little dull after the 3rd or 4th episode but stuck with it and its really building very nicely to the finale(s)

pxr5

A Channel 4 documentary about Joe Pasquale's son Joe Tracini who has borderline personality disorder - Voice in My Head. Terribly sad at times it was incredibly well done. I knew nothing about this condition before, but it shows the effects these illnesses can completely take over a life as it follows Joe through his day-to-day life. Really, just watch it.