Euros Footy Score Predictor

Started by Fishy, June 03, 2024, 05:10:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David L

Looking increasingly like England have no more in them than 45 minutes. In lots of bother now

David L

David L

Unlucky England, well done Spain. Best team in the tournament won it

Nickslikk2112

Thank you Spain.

No question of getting a Bank Holiday I can't make use of now :)

pxr5

Spain were better. But what a great feeling when Palmer put that goal away - lovely. 

Managers need to study how Spain play, in minute detail, because they are beatable with the right tactics. If you just watch the Spanish players they swarm a player who is in a dangerous position and they go into the same positions all the time when in possession - it's just a matter of countering that - somehow. I'm offering my services to the FA when Southgate quits. I'll show 'em how it's done. Yay. Hey we got to the final again, I'm proud of the team and to be English.
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

Matt2112

Quote from: dom on July 14, 2024, 09:11:24 PMNot sure what Southgate said at half time!

Whatever it was, it was comprehensively superseded by whatever de la Fuente said.

Spain went from struggling to break England's lines in the first half to cutting through them almost at will from the outset of the second.

Spain had gears that no other team in the tournament had and, ultimately, Southgate was outsmarted by superior opposition - again.  :-\ 

Fishy

I see Southgate has gone.. shame I liked him as a person... Frank Lampard your time has come is what a lot of people are not saying lol
From The Land of Honest Men

The Picnic Wasp

Quote from: Fishy on July 16, 2024, 11:37:40 AMI see Southgate has gone.. shame I liked him as a person... Frank Lampard your time has come is what a lot of people are not saying lol

Yeah, I can't believe the rubbish I've had to listen to about him during the tournament. Two successive finals is a huge achievement. I'll be interested to hear what his players have to say about his departure.

Fishy

Quote from: The Picnic Wasp on July 16, 2024, 12:07:15 PM
Quote from: Fishy on July 16, 2024, 11:37:40 AMI see Southgate has gone.. shame I liked him as a person... Frank Lampard your time has come is what a lot of people are not saying lol

Yeah, I can't believe the rubbish I've had to listen to about him during the tournament. Two successive finals is a huge achievement. I'll be interested to hear what his players have to say about his departure.

Makes you wonder why Steve Clarke still has a job..
From The Land of Honest Men

David L

Quote from: The Picnic Wasp on July 16, 2024, 12:07:15 PM

I think some would say his record flatters him in his ability to produce a good football team. I mean, they made the final of course but had an easy route and did not play well
:-\

Slim

Every England manager ends up being vilified as being rubbish in the end. There is no football manager in the world who wouldn't end up being considered incompetent in the job eventually.

Southgate does at least have a decent record. He won more knockout games in tournaments than every other England manager since 1966 combined, even if you take out the ones won on penalties.

It's the gesture politics that I regret most about his tenure.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan