Euros Footy Score Predictor

Started by Fishy, June 03, 2024, 05:10:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pxr5

My son is at Lytham Festival tonight (Madness with support from Rick Astley, Lightning Seeds, Kid Kapichi). His girlfriend is a massive fan of  Kid Kapichi which is why they chose this night. The Lightning Seeds played 3 Lions and then a break for the England game on a big screen. Now as much as I like football I'd be pretty pissed off with a near 3 hour break (extra time/penalties). People were not allowed out either, but a least all the food/beer tents were there - a loooong concert, but at least it's not raining like it was for me last year there.
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

Thenop

Dutch team again making the same mistakes. Bad positioning, Memphis needs to go.
Come on boys, the Turks are not that good, they just run fast.

Slim

1-1 now. Strange that so many of these games seem to follow a similar pattern.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Thenop

dom

Disappointed with such a timid looking  French team and an out of sorts Mbappe. You can't really knock Deschamps' record but playing 3 holding midfielders is just too dull. Spain were such a contrast allowing a 16 year old to determine the match. Well played, the best team in the tournament deserved their win

Fishy

From The Land of Honest Men

pxr5

This is the best England have played so far. Which means we'll probably lose.  ;)

Thenop

pxr5

Quote from: Thenop on July 10, 2024, 09:55:24 PMWell done lads.
Thanks - quite an equal game; I didn't see that as a penalty either - we'll take it though.

Nickslikk2112

Fucking Arse >:( Sorry Netherlands, really wanted you to win, because that twat Keir Starmer will be taking all the credit if Ingerland win the thing  >:(  >:(

David L

Quote from: pxr5 on July 10, 2024, 09:57:56 PM
Quote from: Thenop on July 10, 2024, 09:55:24 PMWell done lads.
Thanks - quite an equal game; I didn't see that as a penalty either - we'll take it though.
It was 'soft', as they say but it was clearly a dangerous challenge. About time we had some luck. England clearly outplayed the Netherlands in the first half. The second half was honours even IMHO. England have played one good half this tournament so luck may be our 12th player this time.

David L

Quote from: Nickslikk2112 on July 10, 2024, 09:58:31 PMFucking Arse >:( Sorry Netherlands, really wanted you to win, because that twat Keir Starmer will be taking all the credit if Ingerland win the thing  >:(  >:(
Labour say they are going for economic growth so if we win the final I expect Starmer to declare Monday a national holiday  :D

Slim

I was very pleased with the first half performance even though we lost it 1-0 in truth (it wasn't a penalty) but the Dutch seemed to do to us in the second half what we did to them in the first; they stifled us. Just one of those magic moments that clinched it.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

David L

Quote from: Slim on July 10, 2024, 10:20:18 PMI was very pleased with the first half performance even though we lost it 1-0 in truth (it wasn't a penalty) but the Dutch seemed to do to us in the second half what we did to them in the first; they stifled us. Just one of those magic moments that clinched it.
That challenge on Kane would probably get a free kick at least 50% of the time anywhere else on the pitch. Ian Wright called it correctly, Gary Neville did not IMHO

Fishy

Was never a challenge .. the Dutch bloke put his foot up to block..Kane followed thru and rolled about on the ground.. never a pen.... Holland were fkn awful apart from their great goal..
From The Land of Honest Men