Main Menu

So what are you listening to?

Started by pdw1, February 22, 2022, 11:48:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David L

Black Sabbath - We Sold Our Soul For Rock'N'Roll

Thenop

Even though the vinyl is not here yet, I can still listen to the live Ayreon show form last September. One of the songs not on the featured album (01011001) but from the latest Star One album is now up on youtube. It's worth a listen if it's your sort of thing. It has Unleash the Archers singer Brittany Slayes and oh boy does she have a set of pipes on her...

Thenop

Uncle Acid and the Deadbeats - Nell' Ora Blu
Right, this is a bit ehm.. different. Uncle Acid is a lo fi metal band, doing their best Sabbath. Actually they do that very good and the albums preceding this one is just that: a collection of songs, sounding like Sabbath Just look them up and listen to a snippet, you know what I mean then, it sounds a bit like you listen to a metal album through your phone.
Anyway, the new one, with a weird title, is a smorgasbord of styles leaning on a faux film script for an Italian movie, complete with actors reading scenes. They pull out everything, metal, psychedelic stuff saxophones, you name it: it's there. And somehow..it works. In fact, it is fantastic. I really don't know how to describe it better, it's one of those things you need to hear it to believe it.

dom

With the office to myself, spent much of the day listening to Klone. A Spotify playlist then "Le Grand Voyage"

David L

Boston - Don't Look Back
Peter Frampton - Breaking All The Rules

pdw1

Alter Bridge - ABIII

pdw1

Quote from: Thenop on May 17, 2024, 02:04:11 PMEven though the vinyl is not here yet, I can still listen to the live Ayreon show form last September. One of the songs not on the featured album (01011001) but from the latest Star One album is now up on youtube. It's worth a listen if it's your sort of thing. It has Unleash the Archers singer Brittany Slayes and oh boy does she have a set of pipes on her...
Oh I hate you ;) Now there is another band I need to check out and get hold of some CDs from.
In a similar vein discovered Blackbriar recently. A Dark Euphony is a great album.

Matt2112

FM - Blue Sky Mind

The final track from their latest album is an absolute pop-rock gem, should be the song of the summer, on every radio station and my track of 2024 so far.

Even my Taylor Swift-loving little 'un gave it 6.9/10 - that's remarkably high praise for "Dad's music", folks. 8)