So what are you listening to?

Started by pdw1, February 22, 2022, 11:48:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pdw1

Screaming Trees - Dust
One of my all time favourite albums
RIP Mark Lanegan

Ali

Well having just come back from a Van der Graaf gig at the Bridgewater Hall, I think I can safely say I'm not sure how to describe exactly what I was listening to...but it was certainly both challenging and utterly unique 😁

Slim

Fascinating that Van der Graaf are still going in some form. I only have one of their albums, Godbluff. I also bought a Peter Hammill solo record not that long ago - can't remember what prompted me to do that. Called Over and released in 1977. Surprisingly mainstream.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Fishy

Steely Dan fest at the mo. And the Sex Pistols
From The Land of Honest Men

pdw1

Quote from: Fishy on February 23, 2022, 09:05:35 AM
Steely Dan fest at the mo. And the Sex Pistols
Nice mix of styles

Caress Of Steel

Nickslikk2112

Nothing. Can't be arsed. Got a big box of Wobbler sitting there too.

Nickslikk2112

Quote from: Ali on February 23, 2022, 01:07:39 AM
Well having just come back from a Van der Graaf gig at the Bridgewater Hall, I think I can safely say I'm not sure how to describe exactly what I was listening to...but it was certainly both challenging and utterly unique 😁
I should have gone to see them in Brum on Monday, but I just couldn't be arsed. Been delayed so long that I didn't think it would ever happen. Suspect I missed a good night.

Slim

I've given the new Sea Power album, Everything Was Forever a spin through today. Like it a lot and the new songs I've heard work better as part of the album than they have as standalone tunes. I don't think I'm going to see it as one of their very best, though. But nothing to complain about.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Nick

Signals - Rush

Always my Rush goto album

pdw1

Neillwith2Ls

My main listening these days are new songs I'm learning for any one of my bands, we have various collaborative Spotify playlists on the go.

Aside from that, there have been a few CD purchases recently:

Travelling The Great Circle - Ozric Tentacles (first 5 albums remastered, + DVD and book)
Paul Draper - Cult Leader Tactics
Neil Young & Crazy Horse -  Barn
Eddie Vedder - Earthling

pxr5

Anathema - Weather Systems
Big Big Train - Welcome to the Planet
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

pdw1

Marillion FRC35 London 2005

I was at this gig :)

Rufus_the_dawg

Rufus_the_dawg

Quote from: Ali on February 23, 2022, 01:07:39 AM

VDGG probably the best band in the world ever. I was at the reunion gig way back in 2005? with Jackson on sax. shame he left again. Truly brilliant band.