Main Menu

Squash

Started by Rufus_the_dawg, April 02, 2022, 01:03:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rufus_the_dawg

I know not many on here play. It has an awful reputation of not being able to be filmed and is more fun to play than watch. Here is a video from one of the latest events. In an all glass court with def cameras, change of ball colour. Its a sport I play about 8 hours a week. And is known has chess with racquets.

Here are some highlights to watch. If you watch carefully they play so their rackets does a little hold so their opponent does not know where the ball is going to go until its being hit. Remember they are making it look easy because they are super fit.

pxr5

I used to play a lot when I was younger and got to RAF station level. It dropped off when I got married, but I still play now and again. I love watching too and it should so be in the Olympics.
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

Rufus_the_dawg

Yes Squash should in the Olympics, very strange that is not. It meets all the criteria. The Egyptians have taken squash up a few gears in the last 5 years. Their power, speed and Fitness they hit winners from all around the court. New high definition cameras have helped with viewing and YouTube has been brilliant to bring Squash to mainstream. Some of rallies are incredible. Have you thought about rejoining a squash club?

Fishy

Used to play regularly up til a few years ago but when both calf muscles got torn I decided to pack it in and get a bike instead..loved playing it but it was bloody hard going at times...
From The Land of Honest Men

pxr5

Quote from: Rufus_the_dawg on April 02, 2022, 04:34:27 PMHave you thought about rejoining a squash club?

There are no courts near me and I doubt my knees would cope with competitive games. I have thought about it though; maybe one day.

Rufus_the_dawg

45 mins self practise today. Drives and volleys
1.30 mins training with a partner. Drives, volleys, boasts and pressure games.
Cup of coffee and a
1 hour Game with a mate.

20 mins in the gym.
3 x 8 Bench press 65kg
3 x 8 dead lifts 65kg
3 x 8 shoulder press 30kg
3 x 8 Squats 65kg

All with Olympic bar

pxr5

Squash to appear in the 2028 Olympics* - at last - yay!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/67105557

*pending next weeks approval