Geddy and Alex to appear at Wembley Stadium for the first time!

Started by dom, June 15, 2022, 10:32:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dom

Nick

Matt2112

Been monitoring Twickets and there are stacks of tickets coming up.

I'll actually be transiting through (and back through) the Smoke on the day and due back home that evening...unless I have a mad moment while monitoring Twickets... :o 🙄

The Letter R

Some decent priced pitch standing appeared on Twickets now too......

Nick

Enjoyed what I saw, shame it wasn't proper Rush. Geddy was big on the bass and I enjoyed the end of gig image of Geddy with his arms around PMC and JPJ, so much bass legend in close proximity.

Matt2112

Watched on YouTube on the train back north.

All things considered they did very well.  There was some obvious ring-rustiness but they made it through.

Great to see and cherish, because as things stand they'll only do this one more time.

The Picnic Wasp

It reinforced the fact that NP possessed in unworldly talent. His stand-ins did a decent job but were pedestrian by comparison. I watched it on a YouTube clip of their whole set last night which was very good quality. Tried to find it today to no avail. Must have been taken down. There seemed to be a spoken vocal intrusion at the beginning and I wanted to check that out. It was strange to hear the live synthesiser version of the opening swirly part of 2112.

Nick

Also odd that "Greg" did all the keys. But hey it's Geddy  and Alex "from" Rush and I really hope they do something together again.

Slim

Quote from: The Picnic Wasp on August 29, 2022, 07:36:03 PMI think my life must have turned some kind of corner when there is a Rush gig (of sorts) in the UK this weekend and I made no real attempt to go.
I couldn't have gone, because I was abroad at the time. However I find that I don't really feel a sense of regret that Alex and Geddy came to the UK to play Rush tunes, and for the first time, I didn't go. I don't feel as though I've missed a Rush tour. Still got the set.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Fishy

From The Land of Honest Men

The Picnic Wasp

Yeah, I think if Geddy and Alex ever perform together again it would have to be along the lines of an acoustic set, featuring songs like the softer material from Feedback. Neil always said the band could only last as long as Geddy's voice held out. Wise words as always.