I've Never Seen Star Wars

Started by pxr5, March 30, 2022, 12:49:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pxr5

Well I have actually seen Star Wars, but I'm using the title of the Radio/TV show which invited guests to come up with list of common things not done and try them out. Inspired by Matt2112's admission of never having seen Aliens, what well know movies or TV shows have you not seen.

Off the top of my head 3 movies I've not watched (and probably never will) are:

Four Weddings and a Funeral
Love Actually
Titanic

Luckily my wife hates 'chick flicks' and 'rom coms' and prefers Sci-Fi and horror like me  ;D
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

Rufus_the_dawg

never seen

an episode of Coronation street.

Films never seen
Titanic
The Body Guard
Die Hard
Transformers
Fast and Furious

Never heard a Smiths, U2, Michael Jackson or Oasis album

Which to never hear again is Pink Floyd and Radiohead, mind inducing- brain numbing boring and annoying. I will put my tin hat on.

R6GYY

There are some enormously well regarded films that I haven't seen . . . these 3 spring to mind.

The Godfather (any of 'em)
Gone With The Wind
Citizen Kane

I have seen Die Hard oodles of times though Rufus. Terrific fun and YES, it is a Christmas movie, despite what Bruce Willis might say. What does he know?

Rufus_the_dawg

Citizen Kane is excellent but I feel it over rated, no never seen Gone with wind either, the Godfathers are ok but also not worth the hype. I bought a box set of Hitchcock movies and even the lesser movies are brilliant.

David L

Never seen Star Wars, Citizen Kane or It's A Wonderful Life

Nick

Citizen Kane
Sound of music
The matrix

dom

Schindler's List, Saving Private Ryan and Saving Ryan's Privates!

Slim

Despite being a teenager with a keen interest in sci-fi when Star Wars came out, I never saw it until about 13 years ago. When I did, I couldn't really understand why they ever bothered with a sequel. I haven't seen any of the others.

So I have seen Star Wars.

I haven't seen The Shawshank Redemption yet.

I did see Titanic, or at least an abridged version. Only because it was showing on a flight to New York that I was on in the late '90s. I've seen Love Actually at least three times! It's quite a fun film.

I haven't seen The Godfather or The Exorcist yet. I must get round to both of those. I've seen so many clips from The Godfather on YouTube actually that I must have seen about half of it. Was watching one only today.

I haven't seen Citizen Kane or Metropolis.

H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Rufus_the_dawg

Quote from: Hugh on March 30, 2022, 03:52:18 PMStar Wars
Rocky
Indiana Jones

oh I love the Indiana Jones movies and the first two Rocky films are great.

pxr5

Citizen Cain is coming up a bit, I haven't seen that either - I may actually watch that one sometime though.

A movie I never had any intention of watching was Forrest Gump. However my wife, son and I were on holiday in Cyprus in a house we'd rented and the owner had left 2 DVDs. One was Forrest Gump so we watched it and all really enjoyed it too.
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

Nickslikk2112

I've seen the original canonical Star Wars films. I've seen the Indiana Jones films. I've seen the Lord of the Rings trilogy. I will always watch Home Alone when it's on. I've seen the Spongebob Squarepants Movie.

As for anything serious, no.

Rufus_the_dawg

Quote from: pxr5 on March 30, 2022, 09:19:57 PMCitizen Cain is coming up a bit, I haven't seen that either - I may actually watch that one sometime though.

A movie I never had any intention of watching was Forrest Gump. However my wife, son and I were on holiday in Cyprus in a house we'd rented and the owner had left 2 DVDs. One was Forrest Gump so we watched it and all really enjoyed it too.

Citizen Kane is on the bbci player

Slim

Is it really? I ordered the Blu Ray last night. Ah well.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Slim

Another one I've never seen - Mad Max. I must do that. Perhaps I'll designate a weekly Film Night at Slim Towers and get through these iconic films I've never seen.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

David L

Quote from: Slim on March 31, 2022, 08:26:59 AMAnother one I've never seen - Mad Max. I must do that. Perhaps I'll designate a weekly Film Night at Slim Towers and get through these iconic films I've never seen.
Both Mad Max and Mad Max 2 are worth watching although entirely different in style due to the sequel having an awful lot  more money spent on it.
By the time Mad Max 3 (Beyond the Thunderdome)came around, they'd jumped the shark