Dune (2021) at the Oscars

Started by R6GYY, March 28, 2022, 10:34:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

R6GYY

A triumph in the technical Oscars, scoring 6, including one I hoped it might get - Cinematography. It was beautiful to behold.

Anyhow, for anyone interested . . .

• Best Visual Effects
  • Best Original Score
  • Best Cinematography
  • Best Film Editing
  • Best Production Design
  • Best Sound

Matt2112

Well deserved.

I note Denis Villeneuve has been nominated for some major awards without winning any -that must change at some point, as in my opinion he's established himself as one of the 21 century's most formidably gifted directors.

Rufus_the_dawg

Quote from: Matt2112 on March 29, 2022, 11:03:41 PMWell deserved.

I note Denis Villeneuve has been nominated for some major awards without winning any -that must change at some point, as in my opinion he's established himself as one of the 21 century's most formidably gifted directors.

and Hitchcock never won a best director award, which I find very strange.

Matt2112

Yes, likewise David Lynch, although he did receive an Honorary Oscar in 2019 at a separate ceremony.

His entire acceptance speech was:

"To the Academy and everyone who helped me along the way, thanks.  (To the statue): You have a very nice face.

Good night".

;D

Rufus_the_dawg

Quote from: Matt2112 on April 03, 2022, 02:52:29 PMYes, likewise David Lynch, although he did receive an Honorary Oscar in 2019 at a separate ceremony.

His entire acceptance speech was:

"To the Academy and everyone who helped me along the way, thanks.  (To the statue): You have a very nice face.

Good night".

;D

This is great because David Lynch Directed the first Dune film.