pxr5

Echolyn - Cowboy Poems Free
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

Ali

Von Hertzen Brothers - Red Alert in the Blue Forest

Slim

H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Slim

Herbie Hancock - Fat Albert Rotunda. Bliss.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Slim

Two Jean-Luc Ponty records, one with Allan Holdsworth on.

H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Ali

A few since I last posted, including:

Billy Squier - 16 Strokes (best of)
PT - Closure/Continuation (deluxe 3 disc edition)
Six By Six
Ryo Okumoto - the Myth of the Mostrophus
King's X - Three Sides of One
Floyd - Animals 2018 Remix
Little Steven - Men Without Woman/Freedom No Compromise (remasters with live dvds)
Steve Hackett - Please Don't Touch/Spectral Mornings (3 disc inc Steven Wilson remixes)
Ork - Inflamed Rides
Ian McNabb - Nabby Road

Ali

Yes - Fly From Here Return Trip

Fishy

New Todd Rundgren album..  oh dear....
From The Land of Honest Men

Slim

Quote from: Fishy on October 19, 2022, 04:16:27 PMNew Todd Rundgren album..  oh dear....
I came to this thread for the same reason, just bought Space Force.

Every artist has their time, and I'm afraid this isn't Todd's. But that's fine. Nonetheless there are some listenable tunes on here, I quite like Head In The Ocean. And there's a hint of the old Todd in I'm Leaving. I like that one.

The production feels a bit basic though and for someone of Todd's standing, that's strange.

H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Fishy

Quote from: Slim on October 27, 2022, 02:08:19 PM
Quote from: Fishy on October 19, 2022, 04:16:27 PMNew Todd Rundgren album..  oh dear....
I came to this thread for the same reason, just bought Space Force.

Every artist has their time, and I'm afraid this isn't Todd's. But that's fine. Nonetheless there are some listenable tunes on here, I quite like Head In The Ocean. And there's a hint of the old Todd in I'm Leaving. I like that one.

The production feels a bit basic though and for someone of Todd's standing, that's strange.

The whole idea of the album for me was doomed from the start... ask around for some unfinished songs from various people and he would make them into something...like I said on a Todd forum .. unfinished songs are usually unfinished for a reason ie the artist doesn't think they're very good ... the opener is good with  Adrian Belew the next three are dire  especially the Sparks one ,. Just 5 mins of repetitive annoying drivel...there's a couple of good tracks nearer the end of the album...I'm amazed it's getting the decent reviews it seems to be picking up...
Hopefully he's got this collaborative bug out his system and we can get back to some more imaginative material
From The Land of Honest Men

pxr5

I would have preferred to get any of these on vinyl, but all are hard to get hold of and very expensive, so CDs it is:

Haken - Aquarius
Haken - Visions
Beardfish - Sleeping in Traffic Part One
Beardfish - Sleeping in Traffic Part Two
Beardfish - Destined Solitaire
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

Slim

Can't believe I haven't posted in this thread since October .. anyway my most recent downloads or CD purchases are:

Rolling Stones - Between the Buttons
Trintje Oosterhuis - The Look Of Love (a collection of Bacarach tunes)
Benny Sings - City Pop
Polyphia - New Levels, New Devils
Mamas Gun - At PizzaExpress Live
Van Halen - III
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Thenop

Quote from: Slim on April 22, 2023, 04:30:56 PMCan't believe I haven't posted in this thread since October .. anyway my most recent downloads or CD purchases are:

Van Halen - III

Bold move that  ;)