Main Menu

Bought a CD recently?

Started by Slim, March 24, 2022, 12:59:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thenop

Quote from: Nickslikk2112 on April 05, 2024, 02:48:08 PMJohn Paul Jones - The Thunderthief

I like JPJs, albeit very modest, solo output. Zooma is a good effort, this one is better.

What's your take on Them Crooked Vultures?

Nickslikk2112

Quote from: Thenop on April 05, 2024, 04:29:51 PMWhat's your take on Them Crooked Vultures?

They're ..... OK.

Bit of a waste of JPJ

Slim

Heard this on Huey Morgan's R6 show, downloaded the album from Bandcamp. Right up my street. The album is a concept album (albeit instrumental) about legal difficulties.

H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

pxr5

Sanguine Hum - The Weight of the World
Echolyn - The End is Beautiful

Only £2 each delivered. Bargain.

"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

Thenop

Contrary to what I thought before (using my mortality as an excuse to not buy it because I would not be able to properly listen to it due to my demise being closer now than it was yesterday), I ran into it for a fair price at the right time. On top of that I maintain my motto that I am immortal until proven otherwise and in doing so buying the time to let it sink in fully, I bought the massive Camel boxset.

So that's a 34 disc trip through the Latimer Landscape ahead.

Slim

Nadine Shah, Filthy Underneath. Nadine is on Jools Holland later this evening.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Slim

Quote from: Slim on May 25, 2024, 09:39:14 AMNadine Shah, Filthy Underneath. Nadine is on Jools Holland later this evening.

Nadine was great but this artist, whom I'd never heard of, stole the show. Bought her album this afternoon, What A Devastating Turn Of Events.

H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

captainkurtz

Quote from: Slim on May 25, 2024, 09:39:14 AMNadine Shah, Filthy Underneath. Nadine is on Jools Holland later this evening.
Kind of known her since she was little.  She was always a nice girl.  I used to snigger when she said she wanted to be a singer.  She's done good, although it's not really my thing.

Coincidentally...I sold a single ticket for Joanna newsom back in 2005 on eBay...met the buyer and it was Nadine...

Nickslikk2112

Gentle Giant - The Missing Piece (CD+Blu-Ray with Dolby Atmos)
Squackett - A Life Within a Day (CD/Blu-Ray)

pxr5

Nickslikk2112

Robin Trower - Bridge of Sighs (50th Anniversary edition)

pdw1

Sleep Token - Sundowning
that completes my collection

and
Kerry King - From Hell I Rise

pxr5

pxr5

These two were up as a package on Bandcamp and when I went to order them they suddenly disappeared. So I contacted the band directly on Bandcamp and got a lovely email from a lady called Anne-Claire in France telling me that the only copies left available are from an online music seller in Germany called JustforKicks and had sold out on Bandcamp. Anyway, I ordered them from there and they turned up today:

Nine Skies - Sweetheart Grips (LP, 2019)
BC, SPO

Nine Skies - Return Home (LP, 2017)
BC, SPO

Generated at awesomeprog.com

As I was in discussion with the band directly I decided to ask about the only CD of theirs that I haven't got in my collection which is called 5:20. It wasn't for sale anywhere, but Anne-Claire told me that there were a few copies at the record company and I could have one for 20 Euros delivered. So I went ahead and that's turned up today too. Great stuff and brilliant service from the band and I now have all 4 of their albums on CD. I did ask about future vinyl releases but it's unlikely in the near future:

Nine Skies - 5.20 (LP, 2021)
BC, SPO

Thenop

Quote from: pxr5 on July 03, 2024, 03:55:57 PMThese two were up as a package on Bandcamp and when I went to order them they suddenly disappeared. So I contacted the band directly on Bandcamp and got a lovely email from a lady called Anne-Claire in France telling me that the only copies left available are from an online music seller in Germany called JustforKicks and had sold out on Bandcamp.

I have ordered at JFK many times, they deal with thigs very nicely and they have a large selection of prog in stock always. Last years RSD Van Halen 4LP set turned up from them with LP 1 twice and LP 3 missing. 1 phonecall was enough to sort the problem, my kinda service!