Main Menu

Bought a CD recently?

Started by Slim, March 24, 2022, 12:59:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David L

Quote from: Slim on December 06, 2023, 07:54:23 PMI love that album, but - £93 for 6 CDs?
Whaaaat? It's only 40 minutes long  ;)

Nickslikk2112

Quote from: Slim on December 06, 2023, 07:54:23 PMI love that album, but - £93 for 6 CDs?
I got it for £88 :)  :-[

And it's 4CDs an LP and a Blu-ray. Only got it for the Atmos mix on the Blu-ray...

Nickslikk2112

A bundle of Aqualung - 40th Anniversary Box, Songs From The Wood 40th Anniversary Edition (The Country Set) and Minstrel In The Gallery - 40th Anniversary La Grande Edition by Jethro Tull.

Missed these first time around. Might be able to start on them next year when I'm done with Camel...

Thenop

Quote from: Nickslikk2112 on December 16, 2023, 11:09:15 AMA bundle of Aqualung - 40th Anniversary Box, Songs From The Wood 40th Anniversary Edition (The Country Set) and Minstrel In The Gallery - 40th Anniversary La Grande Edition by Jethro Tull.

Missed these first time around. Might be able to start on them next year when I'm done with Camel...

Are they reissued, those are the boxset/book format ones right? Had my eye on those but missed them as well. The Aqualung did not look that spectacular to me. I am not into the whole 5.1 thing. But I love Songs from the Wood.
I do have the Stormwatch, Heavy Horses and A sets that I really like.

Nickslikk2112

Quote from: Thenop on December 16, 2023, 12:59:33 PM
Quote from: Nickslikk2112 on December 16, 2023, 11:09:15 AMA bundle of Aqualung - 40th Anniversary Box, Songs From The Wood 40th Anniversary Edition (The Country Set) and Minstrel In The Gallery - 40th Anniversary La Grande Edition by Jethro Tull.

Are they reissued, those are the boxset/book format ones right? Had my eye on those but missed them as well. The Aqualung did not look that spectacular to me. I am not into the whole 5.1 thing. But I live Songs from the Wood.
I do have the Stormwatch, Heavy Horses and A sets that I really like.

Yes, a limited reissue, I was gutted to miss out on Songs from the Wood first time around, like you I have the Stormwatch, Heavy Horses and A, plus Broadsword and the Beast. Got an email from Burning Shed a couple of weeks ago with an offer for these three sets, so I thought "Why not" :)

Also turned up today: Richard Wright - Wet Dream (eeeuurrggghhh!) bought for the Atmos mix.

Thenop

Cheers, found them in Germany, still not cheap, will have a think on it. Tempted though, the Minstrel with the live concert.

Thenop

So ordered at Ze German.

Ali

New releases bought lately:

pg - i/o
Mariusz Duda - Afr AI d
Pattern-Seeking Animals - Spooky Action at a Distance
Andy Partridge - My Failed Christmas Career Vol 1 (although this did come out last Christmas)

Thenop

Quote from: Thenop on December 17, 2023, 10:24:19 AMSo ordered at Ze German.

Arrived, all 3. Nice. Play me some Tull over Xmas.

pxr5

This new Pallas album is only available on Bandcamp and is purchase only - which I admire Pallas for. I bought the limited digibook version and it won't arrive until the NY, but it at least comes with a 24-48 FLAC download so I can at least give it a play now.

Pallas - The Messenger (LP, 2023)
Bandcamp

Generated at awesomeprog.com
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

pxr5

^ Turned up today - super service (unlike my air fryer).

Nickslikk2112

Riverside - Woodstock Festival Poland 2011

pxr5

I rarely buy CDs these days, but when I really love an album and it's not on vinyl I will still support the band and get the CD - normally from Bandcamp. I think this is the most I've ever paid for a single CD: £24.50 (£18+£6.50pp). It came from France which is why the p&p is so much - took a while to arrive too:

Nine Skies - The Lightmaker (LP, 2023)
5 stars, BC, SPO

Generated at awesomeprog.com

pxr5

Nickslikk2112

John Paul Jones - The Thunderthief