Main Menu

Bought a CD recently?

Started by Slim, March 24, 2022, 12:59:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slim

Quote from: Thenop on April 22, 2023, 05:02:12 PM
Quote from: Slim on April 22, 2023, 04:30:56 PMCan't believe I haven't posted in this thread since October .. anyway my most recent downloads or CD purchases are:

Van Halen - III

Bold move that  ;)

Not listened to it yet :)
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

captainkurtz

Quote from: Slim on April 22, 2023, 08:13:35 PM
Quote from: Thenop on April 22, 2023, 05:02:12 PM
Quote from: Slim on April 22, 2023, 04:30:56 PMCan't believe I haven't posted in this thread since October .. anyway my most recent downloads or CD purchases are:

Van Halen - III

Bold move that  ;)

Not listened to it yet :)

Don't.  It's awful.

pxr5

Gungfly - Lamentations
Gungfly - Please Be Quiet
Haken - L-1ve
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

pdw1

Paul Gilbert - The Dio Album
It is just crazy what he can do with a guitar

pxr5

Rikard Sjöblom's Gungfly – Rumbling Box (2006-2016)   a 5 CD box set of greatness

pdw1

Nita Strauss - The Call of the Void (The new one)
Nita Strauss - Controlled Chaos (the debut)

she can play. No wonder Alice Cooper picked her up for his band. On the new one she has a string of famous metal singers guesting.

Nickslikk2112

Gentle Giant - Interview (Steven Wilson Remix)

pxr5

Quote from: Nickslikk2112 on July 21, 2023, 02:24:42 PMGentle Giant - Interview (Steven Wilson Remix)
With the blu-ray or just the CD? I've got all the others on CD/Blu so I'll likely get this one too. I wonder too if they'll carry on with these releases now as all the good ones are done (except the live album Playing the Fool) - The Missing Piece, Giant For a Day and Civilian are probably not worth it.

Nickslikk2112

Quote from: pxr5 on July 21, 2023, 04:02:11 PM
Quote from: Nickslikk2112 on July 21, 2023, 02:24:42 PMGentle Giant - Interview (Steven Wilson Remix)
With the blu-ray or just the CD? I've got all the others on CD/Blu so I'll likely get this one too. I wonder too if they'll carry on with these releases now as all the good ones are done (except the live album Playing the Fool) - The Missing Piece, Giant For a Day and Civilian are probably not worth it.
With Blu-ray. Not bothered with the vinyl version though, happy with what I've got.

Slim

I bought a few more Rolling Stones albums - I doubt I'll listen to the likes of Dirty Work or Steel Wheels more than once but I will listen to them at some point.

Today I bought this, very nice Holdsworth-esque fusion

https://jellybeard.bandcamp.com/album/chapter-one
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

pxr5

Quote from: Nickslikk2112 on July 21, 2023, 06:41:07 PM
Quote from: pxr5 on July 21, 2023, 04:02:11 PM
With Blu-ray. Not bothered with the vinyl version though, happy with what I've got.
Same here. I normally always get vinyl, but with these SW remixes just CD/Blu-ray for me as well (I have got Three Piece Suite on vinyl as well though)

pxr5

Just ordered:

Frost* - Island Live   Blu-ray/2CD

pxr5

Eventually got round to ordering:

Gentle Giant - Interview (Steven Wilson Remix) CD/Blu-ray

pxr5

Steven Wilson - Get All You Deserve  CD/Blu-ray

Ali

Quote from: pxr5 on August 16, 2023, 02:16:38 PMSteven Wilson - Get All You Deserve  CD/Blu-ray

Maybe my favourite PT/solo live release of his. Would love to have seen this tour, sadly he didn't really tour his solo material over here until the Raven (they were magical shows 👌🏻)