Main Menu

RIP Paul Di'Anno

Started by pxr5, October 21, 2024, 06:31:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pxr5

Only 66. I will always prefer his style of singing to that of Bruce Dickinson and the first 2 Iron Maiden albums are still my favourites. RIP.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cy0l0nnnekdo
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

Thenop

Oh no! Well it was to be expected a little. I do hold a soft spot for him, I love those first 2 Maiden LPs and the Maiden Japan EP is fantastic.

Run free now then, RIP.

pdw1

Nickslikk2112

Slim

Ah, sad to hear. Only saw Maiden once, in 1980 supporting Judas Priest when Paul was still in the band. The only time I ever saw Bruce Dickinson, he was in Samson.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

The Picnic Wasp

Likewise, I only ever saw Iron Maiden with Paul as singer. That night in the Glasgow Apollo is quite easy to recall in a bit of detail. The old seats in the stalls had metal ashtrays fixed to the back of the seat in front. I must have become too animated and managed to cut my knee quite badly on one of these hazards. I remember being taken to the foyer by a St John's guy who insisted on bandaging my leg. He thanked me profusely for getting him away from the horrible racket for a while. He then added that at least Maiden weren't as bad as that lot from Canada the week before. We had a laugh about that lot being my favourite band of all time. Happy days. RIP Paul.