Lerxst selling his guitars

Started by Nick, March 15, 2022, 05:41:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

Nick

Slim

I'd love to get the ATWAS Les Paul. Actually not, on its own terms, a desirable instrument. From one of Gibson's less illustrious periods. But what a thing to have.

Just skimmed the first article but I think there are a couple of mistakes. I think he bought the 355 in 1977, not 1976. I don't believe he played the Les Paul on the Hemispheres tour, I think it was deprecated for live work before the AFTK tour. And it wasn't made in 1970.

He had two Les Pauls in the '70s, one Cherry Sunburst and the other Tobacco Sunburst. The Mail has a photo of the Cherry Sunburst one. Looks like the ATWAS one isn't for sale, or perhaps he's already moved it on.

H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Slim

Surprised to see that 1990 Strat with a highly figured maple neck. The Mail piece says it was used on the 'Big Money' video - if it was, it's had a neck swap since then; that one had a rosewood fingerboard.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

pdw1

Quote from: Hugh on March 15, 2022, 10:46:24 PMWouldn't mind a catalogue as a souvenir. $75 limited edition.
Me too but not at that price.

At least the guitars will end up on display rather than gathering dust in a cupboard

Slim

Piece about this here:

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/alex-lifeson-farewell-guitar-collection/

So the moment arrived, and they've gone! I feel quite sad about Alex being parted from his 355. I saw him play that guitar in 1977 when he'd only had it a few months.

H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

David L

Doesn't seem right that he no longer owns that one. Fair play though, it was a wonderful act to raise money for charity.  What a guy!

captainkurtz

I still find it a head scratcher that he's getting rid of them.  Really does seem like the end of an era now.

What a guy.  Love the man.