Main Menu

Earworms

Started by pxr5, March 15, 2022, 04:31:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pxr5

For the last few days - Japan - Methods of Dance - great song though.
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

Slim

Oh yes, I loved that album back in the day.

My most recent earworm is Take The A Train, though it has left the platform now.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

The Picnic Wasp

I have a fragment of one line of a song driving me nuts today. One of these situations where I'm unsure whether the voice is male or female, with absolutely no idea if it's a song on an album I own or just something from the radio from a hit years back. All I have with those I'm not 100% sure of in parentheses is;

"(Come flying back to me) on angels' wings.

Possibly a higher register male vocal?

Usually by now my mind would have untangled a bit more of the song, but this thing is just on a loop. Any pointers would be a relief.

The Picnic Wasp

Had a thought, maybe something on My Favorite Headache. Will have a look.

The Picnic Wasp

Cracked it. It's from Sadness Of A King by The Pearlfishers. What a relief. From Za Za's Garden. Love that album and Davie Scott's voice.

Thenop

I love and hate earworms, they just randomly pop into your head. The best ones are for me melodies I swear I thought of myself, but then didn't. I distincly remember walking our beagle we had back then, must have been 15 years ago, and a melody popped into my head. A little later lyrics appeared out of nowhere, I couldn't believe it, someone surely must have thought of this before? At the end of the walk I came to the conclusion I should go straight up and write things down. But when I put the key in the lock it struck me: I had just mentally written Asia's Heat of the Moment. Oh well, better luck next time.