Main Menu

Paris Olympics

Started by Fishy, July 25, 2024, 12:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pxr5

That poor swimmer getting disqualified, a real shame.
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

Nickslikk2112

Quote from: pxr5 on July 31, 2024, 08:10:22 PMThat poor swimmer getting disqualified, a real shame.
He knows the rules. Don't see it happening to anyone else.

Wish the BBC would remember what the first 'B' in their name stands for. By all means report on who has won what, but don't keep banging on about bloody foreigners all the time. At the swimming they put a French flag on the games mascot for some Froggo swimmer. Would a foreigner broadcaster do the same for a British athlete?

And as for the deification of Simone Biles, she's not the Bloody Messiah and I very much doubt she's had the time to be a very naughty girl.

We want to hear about the Plucky Brit who's just come next to last in the Worm Charming.

David L

Quote from: Nickslikk2112 on July 31, 2024, 09:45:20 PM
Quote from: pxr5 on July 31, 2024, 08:10:22 PMThat poor swimmer getting disqualified, a real shame.

And as for the deification of Simone Biles, she's not the Bloody Messiah and I very much doubt she's had the time to be a very naughty girl.

Yeah, I think she's just black and a victim. If she was non-binary or in a same sex relationship she would definitely be in the running for Messiah   ;D

Slim

Quote from: Nickslikk2112 on July 31, 2024, 09:45:20 PMAnd as for the deification of Simone Biles, she's not the Bloody Messiah and I very much doubt she's had the time to be a very naughty girl.

It's the BBC's twisted obsession with hagiographising minorities; people of colour especially. I really think someone should look into that.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

dom

Marchand, Marchand!  Spectacular

pxr5

Quote from: Nickslikk2112 on July 31, 2024, 09:45:20 PM
He knows the rules. Don't see it happening to anyone else.

Wish the BBC would remember what the first 'B' in their name stands for. By all means report on who has won what, but don't keep banging on about bloody foreigners all the time. At the swimming they put a French flag on the games mascot for some Froggo swimmer. Would a foreigner broadcaster do the same for a British athlete?

We want to hear about the Plucky Brit who's just come next to last in the Worm Charming.
Yeah that Simone Biles event was awful to watch. No one else existed in her world - it ruined the whole women's team event for me. But it's more than just the BBC who was slobbering all over her

Thenop

:) Bronze for breatstroke swimmer Corbeau, hooray. We have now at least one of each colour

Thenop

And the exact opposite from yesterday in rowing, now the Dutch ladies beat the British by a hair  ;D

Nickslikk2112

Quote from: Thenop on August 01, 2024, 10:59:22 AMAnd the exact opposite from yesterday in rowing, now the Dutch ladies beat the British by a hair  ;D
BOOOOOOO!!!! HISSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!

Serves us right for putting a bloody old woman in the boat.

But the British women's and especially men's fours got atrocious starts.

The female commentator on the BBC does my head in, she's got an awful shrill high-pitched voice which really boils my piss.

pxr5

Another Simone Biles show at the Gymnastics today. The other contestants may as well go home.

Nick

Quote from: pxr5 on August 01, 2024, 05:18:16 PMAnother Simone Biles show at the Gymnastics today. The other contestants may as well go home.

Amazing performance, I think she could beat the Algerian boxer as well.

Thenop

Another bronze swimming medal just now for Tes Schouten, well done!

We now total 2 of each, same as Ze Germans.

Nickslikk2112

Quote from: Nick on August 01, 2024, 08:08:48 PM
Quote from: pxr5 on August 01, 2024, 05:18:16 PMAnother Simone Biles show at the Gymnastics today. The other contestants may as well go home.

Amazing performance, I think she could beat the Algerian boxer as well.
I highly doubt it.
She's shite. Not even won as many Golds as Sir Jason Kenny and he's had a fecking hard life, he comes from Bolton!

Thankfully Andy Murray will now disappear. Boiled my piss when Clare "I know Jack Shit, he was one of daddy's stable lads" Balding pronounced the sour faced Jocko as Britain's Greatest ever Tennis player (Ever heard of Fred Perry, Clare?) or even Britain's greatest ever sportsman (Clare, how about Colin "Bomber" Harris?)

Slim

Would Fred Perry beat Andy Murray over five sets? I'm going to say no.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

dom

Quote from: Slim on August 01, 2024, 10:15:06 PMWould Fred Perry beat Andy Murray over five sets? I'm going to say no.

I think you're right - yes Murray has an artificial hip or something, but Perry's serving days are well behind him😉