Main Menu

Paris Olympics

Started by Fishy, July 25, 2024, 12:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nickslikk2112

Another Team GB Psilver in the Pswimming tonight.

The Bogsnorkellers picked up a medal too as did a very Irish sounding lass for Hong Kong.

The Italians got a Backstroke Gold, I expect that's the nearest they can get to driving a Tank in reverse (Stereotypical WWII based jokes R Me...)

dom

Early days of course but medals table looking very positive for les coqs sportifs!

Nickslikk2112

Gold medal for Team GB in the Trap shooting. Be better with live pigeons.

Best bit of English shooting on French soil since the Archers at Agincourt :)

pxr5

That shooting was great to watch. Our guy did us proud.

Women's Rugby semi-final and a surprise, but deserved, victory for Canada against the crying Australians and the score appropriately 21-12 
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

The Picnic Wasp

Quote from: Nickslikk2112 on July 30, 2024, 03:26:06 PMGold medal for Team GB in the Trap shooting. Be better with live pigeons.

Best bit of English shooting on French soil since the Archers at Agincourt :)

Just happened to notice the other day, an article about live pigeon shooting at the 1900 Paris Olympics. Described by the organisers as "très aristocratique". Carnage apparently. Blood and feathers everywhere with nearly 300 birds killed. It wasn't repeated.

Nickslikk2112

And a Gold for Team GB in the men's 4x200m Freestyle relay, same quartet as won gold In Tokyo.

And a British turncoat won a gold for Ireland. Has the temerity to turn out for Norn Iron in the Commonwealth games, born in Leeds and gets all his coaching at Loughborough University, we should make him pay.

Nickslikk2112

Bronze for Team GB in the Women's Triathlon, hope she doesn't win any gastro-intestinal diseases.

Of course a Froggo won, they're used to coping with third world filth.

dom

Excellent - another French Gold!  WAs getting withdrawl symptoms after yesterday.   The British atheletes should have gone to any coastline in the UK to acclimatise to the conditions in the Seine!

dom

Nice to see a fellow Concorde winning a bronze for the UK

Nickslikk2112

YIPPE-YEE-AY!!!!! Alex Yee gets an upgrade from Tokyo - shame he comes from Lewisham...

Nickslikk2112

Feck! That was seat of the pants stuff for the British Women's Quadruple sculls, photo finish after bringing back about half a length in 100 yards!

Thenop

Finally the first Dutch medal is in. Rowing, I'd almost say 'of course' and it's a gold one at that.

Sifan Hassan has announced what she will be doing these Olympics as well, 5k,10k and the Marathon  :o looking forward to that! Last time she had gold in the 5 and 10 and bronze on the 1500m.

Thenop

And the ladies have a Silver medal, the British ladies just beat them, and I mean just..

Slim

Quote from: Thenop on July 31, 2024, 02:47:33 PMAnd the ladies have a Silver medal, the British ladies just beat them, and I mean just..

That must have been gutting, to have led the whole race and lost in the last couple of metres. Exciting to watch though!
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Thenop

Quote from: Slim on July 31, 2024, 06:42:34 PM
Quote from: Thenop on July 31, 2024, 02:47:33 PMAnd the ladies have a Silver medal, the British ladies just beat them, and I mean just..

That must have been gutting, to have led the whole race and lost in the last couple of metres. Exciting to watch though!

The very definition of sport that is. That's why we watch it, each match a landslide is no fun at all.