Main Menu

Paris Olympics

Started by Fishy, July 25, 2024, 12:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thenop

Quote from: Slim on July 29, 2024, 10:43:22 AMAnyway .. sorry to pull the thread down a dark path.

I thought of that myself, but the mere fact that this is out in the open, he served his time and has moved on should be some form of testament that the 'system' works.
I get it, it's scary , no one wants to live next to a sex offender - me neither for that matter, and I don't even have children - buit the ones we know of are the tip of the iceberg. And I'd rather know that don't know.

On topic: It has not made him a better or worse player I suppose, whereas the Chinese swimmers...

pxr5

Silver for Daley/Williams. I understand the Chinese are actually one person who has been cloned to be exactly the same build/thought processes - cheats.  ;)
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

Slim

Finally we've struck gold (in the showjumping).

Minimally I'd like us to be the highest-scoring European country at these Olympics (as we were in the last four). But I wonder if the French have rigged this year's Games in their favour.

H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

dom

Generally the host nation peforms better at their own Olympics. I'd be surprised if there was anything more than that going on

Nickslikk2112

WAY TO GO TOM PIDCOCK!!!!!!!

A man of Honour*, not like the despicable French crowd who booed his magnificent victory. A victory achieved after puncturing.

Not normally a Mountain Biking fan, but that was a good race.

* Can't be too sure about that, he's a Yorkshireman.

pxr5

^ Just watched it too. Tom Pidcock was brilliant when he passed the Frenchie on the fork. Booing was well out of order, that just wouldn't have happened in 2012.

Another Gold too in the Eventing.

pxr5

Booing at the medal ceremony as well - fuckers.

Nickslikk2112

Quote from: pxr5 on July 29, 2024, 03:06:56 PMBooing at the medal ceremony as well - fuckers.
It's good that it's upset them though :)

Much better race than yesterday's women's race. The boys are better than the girls :)

Thenop

Quote from: Nickslikk2112 on July 29, 2024, 03:20:52 PMThe boys are better than the girls :)

Careful, you may be send home for such remark.

dom

Fair play Pidcock - I'd appreciate it if everyone could tone down the anti- French rhetoric - thanks!

Nickslikk2112

Quote from: Thenop on July 29, 2024, 03:38:44 PM
Quote from: Nickslikk2112 on July 29, 2024, 03:20:52 PMThe boys are better than the girls :)

Careful, you may be send home for such remark.
Thankfully I'm already there :)

Just off tell the wife to put t'Kettle on - and get my eye blacked...

Nickslikk2112

Quote from: dom on July 29, 2024, 03:59:12 PMFair play Pidcock - I'd appreciate it if everyone could tone down the anti- French rhetoric - thanks!
Certainly dear boy  :) One they've learned about sportsmanship  ;)

dom

Will they learn that by reading through your contributions on this thread?

Slim

Quote from: Nickslikk2112 on July 29, 2024, 02:38:54 PMWAY TO GO TOM PIDCOCK!!!!!!!

A man of Honour*, not like the despicable French crowd who booed his magnificent victory. A victory achieved after puncturing.

I was shocked when he got that puncture .. I was watching the TV coverage and I think I caught a glimpse of someone wearing a beret and a string of onions with an air rifle in the bushes.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Nickslikk2112

Got a Silver in the Canoeing. Another cheating froggo won, seemed to me as if they stopped the timing clock for a few seconds to facilitate it.

The French deserve all the scorn, derision and vile calumnies we pour upon them because they wear cocks on their head or even dress as a complete cock.