Main Menu

Paris Olympics

Started by Fishy, July 25, 2024, 12:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nickslikk2112

Quote from: dom on August 13, 2024, 11:02:04 AMIt feels that you are starting (a bit like Nick who obviously has issues stemming from his inability to cope with the French accounting system)
I coped with the French accounting system, but was just frustrated by its complete and utter bureaucratic rigidity, you must do it this way, there is no other way. Where I worked we costed steam produced and had scope in the accounts for it, Until the Frogs took over, we then had to classify it as "Wet Effluent". Lots of niggly little things like that. To compound things the published accounts were produced according to US GAAP not French GAAP.

If the French hadn't closed down the company I worked for - Funny how whenever a plant had to close due to shrinking world markets it was never a French one - I'd have ended up working for a Belgian company, don't know if it would have been Flemish speaking though.

Slim

Quote from: dom on August 13, 2024, 02:22:28 PMYes not brilliant for Great Britain to finish behind France, Netherlands and Australia. Not sure those countries benefited at the expense of the UK in any decisions?

In terms of medal table position, France certainly did.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan