Main Menu

Paris Olympics

Started by Fishy, July 25, 2024, 12:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thenop

And another Silver on the Keirin for Ladies. Hetty Raketty (Hetty Rocket) really won that, she was not the nr.1 favourite in any way. Marvelous job!

Nickslikk2112

Complete and utter stitch up in the Velodrome to give a stinking Frog a Gold  >:(

Benjamin Thomas was eliminated in the Elimination race of the omnium and then reinstated for no apparent reason. If that result had stood he wouldn't have won gold.

Been a bit of an omnishambles all round in the velodrome with bells for the last lap being rung too late or not all.

Thenop

And gold for the hockey men, and the best part is: we won with shoot outs against.. Ze Germans ;D

Thenop

Aiii, bronze for Bol. She will be disappointed.

Nickslikk2112

Quote from: Thenop on August 08, 2024, 08:30:07 PMAiii, bronze for Bol. She will be disappointed.
Would it have helped if the woman jumped over bigger hurdles? I think that with the height of female athletes today they should be. The winning time tonight was only just outside the qualification times for the 400m flat.

Plus Ms Bol had raced the mixed relay.

Thenop

She did, and I think she has the 400M flat relay to come.

So, now on to Ms Hassan for the 10K today!

pxr5

Gold in climbing for the UK. Boulder and Lead - Toby Roberts, only 19. I watched it live - it looks incredible what these guys can do.

The first ever medal in climbing for GB&NI too.
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

Thenop

Just noticed there is breakdancing as an Olympic sport. Oh well. 

Thenop

Quote from: Thenop on August 09, 2024, 01:53:18 PMJust noticed there is breakdancing as an Olympic sport. Oh well. 

And now finding out we have the current womens world champion.
Or should I say B Girl champion.
I was immediately confused though, this is country contenders, but the Dutch B Girl is named India. And they all have nicknames.
There are 2 djs playing music and the dancers do not knke what they are going to hear.

It's all very 1982 Hey You the Rocksteady Crew.

Nickslikk2112

Two medals in the 4 x 100 relays for GB. Gratifying not to drop the baton for once.

Thenop

Gold for Hattrick Harry in the Men's sprint and bronze for the Ladies in whatever the 120 rounds is called.

Your man Carlin tried to torpedo Hoogland but got a free pass to continue and won bronze.

Thenop

Another Bronze for Sifan Hassan on the 10km.
Roll on the Marathon!

Thenop

And there is gold medal nr. 13! A new record for us, the Ladies take the prize in the hockey final against China.

Slim

Breakdancing is an Olympic sport now? Sorry, that is simply a disgrace.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Nickslikk2112

Quote from: Slim on August 09, 2024, 09:45:57 PMBreakdancing is an Olympic sport now? Sorry, that is simply a disgrace.
It's for the Kids innit.