Main Menu

Paris Olympics

Started by Fishy, July 25, 2024, 12:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thenop

And a bronze medal in the horse jumping event, we're marching on nicely for such a small country.

Slim

Quote from: Slim on August 06, 2024, 11:04:49 AM
Gold and Silver medallists Keely Hodgkinson and Mary Moraa congratulate each other after the womens' 800m event; a crop from the BBC's coverage taken 16 seconds after the winner crossed the finish line. I'm really surprised that an athlete would wear a watch in that circumstance; even a lightweight one. As far as I could see, none of the other competitors had one on.
I cropped a better pic of the same watch from her Insta feed:

The horizontal lines on the dial made me think it was an Aqua Terra. I think it's one of these, an Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra Ultra Light.

https://www.ablogtowatch.com/omega-seamaster-aqua-terra-ultra-light-watch-debuts-new-titanium-case-movement/
A snip at $48,600.

Femke Bol has an Aqua Terra Ultra Light as well. Made from "gamma titanium".

H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

David L

Bronze for Sky Brown in women's park skateboarding. Good result considering recent injuries.
Looking forward to men's heats tomorrow.

Thenop

Sponsoring is the word when you speak about watches... Why would Pogacar or Alaphillippe wear a watch even in a TT? Mind you, they wear 250-300K watches.

What suprises me more, and who am I to speak on appearances, I see a lot of women wear wigs, large ones at that. They weigh some, not to mention the aerodynamics. Speaking of which: why oh why are they still pinning the start numbers onto shirts?? Beyond me.
And some men wear entire jewelry stores. Baffling.

Nickslikk2112

Do these Dutch team sprinters get fed on Alberto Contador's contaminated Herring?

Nickslikk2112

Quote from: Thenop on August 06, 2024, 06:08:07 PMWhat suprises me more, and who am I to speak on appearances, I see a lot of women wear wigs, large ones at that. They weigh some, not to mention the aerodynamics. Speaking of which: why oh why are they still pinning the start numbers onto shirts?? Beyond me.
And some men wear entire jewelry stores. Baffling.
Baffles me too. Wouldn't be allowed in cycling, marginal gains and all that.
Saw an article last night wondering why athletes don't wear aero socks like cyclists.

Thenop

Quote from: Nickslikk2112 on August 06, 2024, 07:13:58 PMDo these Dutch team sprinters get fed on Alberto Contador's contaminated Herring?

They've been top of the game for years already. Another gold and breaking the world record twice..
Lavreijsen wants gold 3 times. He'll get it.

Nickslikk2112

A Bloody dirty Seppo won the Men's 800m >:(

Thenop

Quote from: Nickslikk2112 on August 06, 2024, 07:56:19 PMA Bloody dirty Seppo won the Men's 800m >:(

Very proud of my countrymen coming in 6th and 9th. Since 1896 (not a typo) they were the 5th and 6th Dutch finalists only :o and they are just 19 and 21 years of age. Superb performance.

dom

Seems like the 2 favourites thought they were just racing each other in the 1500m. Kerr ended up being pretty lucky not to have the silver snatched from him. The Norwegian missed out altogether.

The Beeb were just as guilty with the commentary

dom

Brilliant effort from the French girl to finish 4th having been so far back in the 3000m steeplechase. Wonder if she had anything left in the tank. Astonishing finish

Nickslikk2112

Quote from: dom on August 06, 2024, 08:42:35 PMBrilliant effort from the French girl to finish 4th having been so far back in the 3000m steeplechase. Wonder if she had anything left in the tank. Astonishing finish
Fourth is third loser :) I could say that the plucky British lass came a very creditable 7th, but I won't, because it's not fucking good enough. And a plastic Bahraini won it.

Team GB&NI got a boxing bronze, but IMHO it was another duff decision. At the end of the bout I said to Mrs S "The Mexican knows the Brit has won, but that he's going through" and lo, it came to pass.

dom

3rd loser got the fastest European time ever!

I thought the English lad did enough to beat the Mexican too

dom

Well done to Kellie Harrington - great games for the Irish, best ever for them I believe

Nickslikk2112

Quote from: dom on August 06, 2024, 10:13:19 PM3rd loser got the fastest European time ever!

Still a fully paid up member of the French Federation of Lose.