Main Menu

Paris Olympics

Started by Fishy, July 25, 2024, 12:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dom

Quote from: pxr5 on August 02, 2024, 09:08:04 PMLosing in the women's BMX thing after they had built her up so much, she was a shoe in to win. And France 1 2 3 in the Men's - I weep.

Wonderful to watch! Along with Marchand's 4th gold and a bronze for Manadou - decent evening! 😁

Nickslikk2112

Quote from: dom on August 02, 2024, 09:13:59 PM
Quote from: pxr5 on August 02, 2024, 09:08:04 PMLosing in the women's BMX thing after they had built her up so much, she was a shoe in to win. And France 1 2 3 in the Men's - I weep.

Wonderful to watch! Along with Marchand's 4th gold and a bronze for Manadou - decent evening! 😁
Sooner he gets found out for eating "contaminated" Frogs legs the better. Don't like his face, he's the spitting image of a bloke the year above me at school, Peter "Smiling Cunt Lips" Pears.

As for BMX, never been a sport, adults riding round on Kiddie bikes, it's a pile of shite.

If I ran the IOC the Olympics would be: Cycling (Track and Road); Athletics; Swimming; Rowing (including canoeing) and that's it. And none of the previous mentioned should be adulterated to attract the "Yoof" market.

Ooh, I forgot Triathlon.

dom

And to round off a fine evening France have beaten bete noire Argentina to advance to the semi finals of the football

Nickslikk2112

Golden start for team GB&NI with Gold in the Men's Eights. Pity there wasn't a French crew to stuff, but Trafalgar shows the Froggos can't cut it on the water :)

Thenop

Another gold for us in the skiff. We are amassing a lot of prizes in rowing like this. We have lot of water of course...

Thenop

Quote from: Nickslikk2112 on August 03, 2024, 10:21:11 AMGolden start for team GB&NI with Gold in the Men's Eights. Pity there wasn't a French crew to stuff, but Trafalgar shows the Froggos can't cut it on the water :)

TeamNL brought home silver  ;D

Thenop

And a bronze medal for the Men's skiff.

dom

Germany are having a terrible Olympics. What's going on there?

Thenop

Quote from: dom on August 03, 2024, 01:22:14 PMGermany are having a terrible Olympics. What's going on there?

Who cares? We are doing just fine  ;D

Another bronze just now for the Iqfoil, aka wind surfing.

dom

Quote from: Thenop on August 03, 2024, 01:35:43 PM
Quote from: dom on August 03, 2024, 01:22:14 PMGermany are having a terrible Olympics. What's going on there?

a poor attempt at deflection 😁

Thenop

Quote from: dom on August 03, 2024, 01:53:08 PM
Quote from: Thenop on August 03, 2024, 01:35:43 PM

a poor attempt at deflection 😁
I'll take poor over weak any day ;)

Slim

Interesting. At the last four they've had 16,11,17,10 gold medals.

They could possibly add another seven (three as I type) to match Tokyo - depends how good they are at the events in the later stage.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Nick

Horse dancing is not a sport.

Thenop

Wow Remco  :o what a race, a deep bow. 2 x gold, what an achievement!

MvdP not good enough today,that's life.

Nickslikk2112

That was a good race. Slow burner to start, but it just kept ramping up, then Remco getting a puncture 4k out, wow!
We need more racing without radios.

Wasn't bothered who won today - so long as it wasn't a Froggo or a turncoat.