Main Menu

Paris Olympics

Started by Fishy, July 25, 2024, 12:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slim

Quote from: dom on August 02, 2024, 12:51:21 PMDid you read the article?

I did read it, you can see exactly where the author was coming from from his conclusion, which ultimately made him a laughing stock.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Thenop

Quote from: Thenop on August 02, 2024, 11:38:59 AMAnd another right after that in the women's 49ers sailing. Was a bit confusing in the end but they won.

Confusion explained:
these boats, the 49-ers sail in this bay a lot, there's a lot of competition going on there, and the finish is always in the same spot. Except for today.. For some reason the finishline was pushed toward where a different type of race finishes. They just didn't bother to tell the Teams... some of them icked it p from the buoys, who had a different race number on them. Luckily the Dutch ladies saw it in the nick of time.

Nickslikk2112

And Team GB&NI have got more Gold medals in the bouncing Up and Down and our Horses have shown they are better than foreign Horses - yet I bet they don't even get a Sugarlump or carrot, let alone a medal...

Means Team GB&NI are now third in the Medal Table - unless you use the US version. I'm surprised the US don't want to use the ranking by Gold Medals as I thought it was win or nothing for the YEW-ESS-AY.

Thenop

We got in fourth with the horse jumping, we're half a second short of beating the French. Merde!

pxr5

Quote from: Nickslikk2112 on August 02, 2024, 02:49:37 PMAnd Team GB&NI have got more Gold medals in the bouncing Up and Down and our Horses have shown they are better than foreign Horses - yet I bet they don't even get a Sugarlump or carrot, let alone a medal...

Probably get a whipping if Charlotte Dujardin has anything to do with it.
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

dom

Quote from: Thenop on August 02, 2024, 04:13:28 PMWe got in fourth with the horse jumping, we're half a second short of beating the French. Merde!

Et tu Thenop ? 😔

Thenop

Quote from: dom on August 02, 2024, 04:55:50 PM
Quote from: Thenop on August 02, 2024, 04:13:28 PMWe got in fourth with the horse jumping, we're half a second short of beating the French. Merde!

Et tu Thenop ? 😔

No, why? Just stating we were not good enough by half a second. That's the Games, fair play.

dom

Quote from: Thenop on August 02, 2024, 06:04:01 PM

Et tu Thenop ? 😔

No, why? Just stating we were not good enough by half a second. That's the Games, fair play.

Think I'm getting over-sensitive - I know its in jest anyway - hope so!

Thenop

Quote from: dom on August 02, 2024, 06:23:02 PM

Et tu Thenop ? 😔

It is, been listening to a lot of Steve Miller, must be the Joker in me.

Nickslikk2112

Et tu Thenop ? 😔

I hope not!

Every French medal is a dagger through the heart of the true born Englishman - as are those won by Australia and Eire. Filthy Crims and Plastic Paddies :)

dom

Quote from: Nickslikk2112 on August 02, 2024, 06:43:33 PM

Et tu Thenop ? 😔

I hope not!

Every French medal is a dagger through the heart of the true born Englishman - as are those won by Australia and Eire. Filthy Crims and Plastic Paddies :)

I thought plastic paddys were those not born in Ireland?

That's a lot of daggers! 😂

Thenop

I do believe we need to even the playing field

Nickslikk2112

Quote from: dom on August 02, 2024, 06:47:58 PMI thought plastic paddys were those not born in Ireland?

That's a lot of daggers! 😂
I've learned to live with pain. Nearly. But it sticks in the craw.

The "Irish" bloke who won a swimming Gold was born in Leeds. Not in Ireland. Aside from that he lived in Norn Iron which is the UK, we're too soft on these plastics, letting them compete for the enemy. Especially as when it suits - Commonwealth Games - he competes for Norn Iron.

I know they probably won't win but the "Irish" cyclists in tomorrow's road race are Ben Healy (Kingswinford) and Ryan Mullen (Birkenhead)

pxr5

Losing in the women's BMX thing after they had built her up so much, she was a shoe in to win. And France 1 2 3 in the Men's - I weep.
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

Thenop

Silver in the women's BMX, lovely.