Drumming To Every RUSH Song Ever! (175 Songs) - Drumeo

Started by Thenop, July 20, 2024, 07:00:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thenop

I was browsing through the Drumeo videos and was shocked I did not see this before. This is one of the Drumeo owners - Canadian, clearly - running through each song Rush recorded, snippet by snippet, in 25 minutes and it's brilliant. I need to really take a longer look,it really shows how Neil structures a lot of his parts. I knew most of them are quite well done, but they are so meticulously composed it's scary at times.

Anyway, if you're bored and not scared of watching a drummer play Rush songs (with the songs in there of course, otherwise it's just boring) have a look.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLpcEuR4YNU

The Picnic Wasp

Wow! What a find. Thank you. Not watched it all the way through yet, but this has breathed new life into some old things I haven't played in a while. This guy is a talent for sure.

Slim

H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Fishy

From The Land of Honest Men

David L

Bloody hell! That's brilliant. I've only got as far as Grand Designs but that is epic. Red Lenses - wow!

captainkurtz

Thanks for posting, brilliant stuff.  Like Slim, I found it quite emotional in parts...listening to it is like having your life flash before your eyes...

pxr5

Brilliant. Super intense too - I think I need a lie down  8)
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

dom

That was great - Rush gets the Stars on 45 treatment!

Nick

Wonder how many takes it took and how do you keep that in your head?

Thenop

Quote from: Nick on July 22, 2024, 06:38:11 PMWonder how many takes it took and how do you keep that in your head?

Not one take, it's cut and paste. Keeping it in your head well...I can tell you I am wired differently, I remember songs from 35 years ago that I played, in full.