Main Menu

Stones Tour This Summer

Started by Slim, March 14, 2022, 03:44:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slim

https://rollingstones.com/tour

A 60th Anniversary tour, of sorts. Many years ago Keith stated that the Stones could continue without Ronnie if necessary, but not without all of himself, Mick and Charlie. I'm sad that that's come to nothing when put to the test.

Anyway if you fancy going, they're playing Liverpool (Anfield Stadium) on 9th June and Hyde Park on the 25th of June and 3rd of July.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Neillwith2Ls

I too was disappointed that the RS touring machine would continue without Charlie. I looked at the ticket prices for Hyde Park on Wednesday, £99.95 for a GA? Nope!

I remember when the Bridges To Babylon tour was announced at the soon to be demolished Wembley Stadium, I said to my then new girlfriend (now wife), "we'd better go see them before they stop touring. This was 23 years ago, in 1999. The gig ended up being fantastic, Keef even trotted out his ever-present contractual, "It's good to be hear... it's good to be anywhere" quip.

Ticket price in June 1999 was £30.

pdw1

Quote from: Neillwith2Ls on March 20, 2022, 08:16:23 AMI too was disappointed that the RS touring machine would continue without Charlie. I looked at the ticket prices for Hyde Park on Wednesday, £99.95 for a GA? Nope!

I remember when the Bridges To Babylon tour was announced at the soon to be demolished Wembley Stadium, I said to my then new girlfriend (now wife), "we'd better go see them before they stop touring. This was 23 years ago, in 1999. The gig ended up being fantastic, Keef even trotted out his ever-present contractual, "It's good to be hear... it's good to be anywhere" quip.

Was that the show with The Black Crowes and Lenny Kravitz supporting? Fantastic show. Was it really 1999?
I remember thinking, like you, I had better see them before they drop dead/stop touring. Little did I know they would be still touring 20+ years later.

captainkurtz

1990, 2003, 2018. 

All amazing shows...would love to see them at Liverpool, but June is already rammed...

David L

Quote from: Hugh on March 22, 2022, 11:20:36 PMI'll probably regret never seeing them at least once, but I still don't have that great inclination to make the effort yet. Maybe for their 70th anniversary or later when Keef is one of the few survivors of a thermonuclear war.
He looks like he already is one!

Slim

I saw them only once, 40 years ago this summer at Roundhay Park. Supported by J Geils Band, George Thorogood and Joe Jackson.

Good gig but there was no doubt the Stones were past their best even then and already people were joking about their age and supposing they'd be calling it a day soon. I don't think anyone could have imagined they'd be touring 20-odd years into the 21st century.

Mick & Keef are 80 next year.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

captainkurtz

Listening to Brussels Affair - the live show from 1973 that's included in the goats head soup deluxe box....Jesus, it is stunning, what a live band they were, just beautiful.  Worth checking out..

David L

Hope they play all the new stuff

Neillwith2Ls

Quote from: pdw1 on March 20, 2022, 12:23:17 PM
Quote from: Neillwith2Ls on March 20, 2022, 08:16:23 AMI too was disappointed that the RS touring machine would continue without Charlie. I looked at the ticket prices for Hyde Park on Wednesday, £99.95 for a GA? Nope!

Was that the show with The Black Crowes and Lenny Kravitz supporting? Fantastic show. Was it really 1999?
I remember thinking, like you, I had better see them before they drop dead/stop touring. Little did I know they would be still touring 20+ years later.

Nope, we got Cheryl Crow as support who was also excellent!