Main Menu

Wimbledon 2024

Started by Slim, July 03, 2024, 06:10:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slim

Strong start from Emma Raducanu on Monday and she's a set up in her second round match against Mertens.

Bit of a shock that the defending women's champion went out in the first round, but then she was unseeded last year I think. Interestingly no women's champoin has successfully defended her title since Serena managed it in 2016.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Slim

Annabel Croft just now:

H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

The Picnic Wasp

Andy and Emma, mixed doubles partners. A physio's dream.

Fishy

Bad luck to Fearnley..gave djokocunt a run for his money..,
From The Land of Honest Men

Fishy

Interview after his match withDjokovic claiming he was getting booed during his match.. you weren't but should have been cos ur a cunt mate...

pxr5

Why do virtually all tennis players (men and women) speak with a monotone/flat voice? If you hadn't noticed before, after reading this, you will now.
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

Fishy

Why do they have to interview them .. (well the winner) after the game .. it's just the same old spiel

Fishy

Djokovic thru to semis.. the Australian withdrew due to hip injury... booooo

Slim

H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Slim

Quote from: pxr5 on July 10, 2024, 12:45:04 PMWhy do virtually all tennis players (men and women) speak with a monotone/flat voice? If you hadn't noticed before, after reading this, you will now.

I'd noticed that Andy Murray does that, and Emma Raducanu does it as well but I think she's channeling Andy, who I think was a big influence on her as a British junior.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Fishy

Woman's semi on just now.. unwatchable due to the ridiculous moans/groans during each point....

David L

Another final for 🐐