COVID-19

Started by Slim, March 12, 2022, 11:08:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Picnic Wasp

Quote from: David L on July 21, 2024, 09:39:02 PM
Quote from: The Picnic Wasp on July 21, 2024, 12:33:00 PMJust did another test (my third) and again negative. So it's just a stinking cold and cough. Bit of a waste of LFI tests, especially as they're quite pricey now, but best to know I suppose.
Why? Because now it's just a stinking cold and cough  :-\

I'm not sure I understand your question, David. Might be as I'm not firing on all six at the moment.

David L

Quote from: The Picnic Wasp on July 22, 2024, 11:16:06 AM
Quote from: The Picnic Wasp on July 21, 2024, 12:33:00 PMJust did another test (my third) and again negative. So it's just a stinking cold and cough. Bit of a waste of LFI tests, especially as they're quite pricey now, but best to know I suppose.

I'm not sure I understand your question, David. Might be as I'm not firing on all six at the moment.
Why is it best to know if you have covid or not? That's what I meant.

The Picnic Wasp

Quote from: David L on July 22, 2024, 03:59:45 PM
Quote from: The Picnic Wasp on July 22, 2024, 11:16:06 AM

Why is it best to know if you have covid or not? That's what I meant.

Oh, I see. Well in my case I'd had covid at the beginning of the month and I'd read about a condition called covid rebound where it can come back quickly. That might be an issue for me with my history of heart arrhythmia, so if I'd tested positive again I would seek help. Also, my sister is staying here meantime and she's in daily contact with someone who is recovering from a recent heart attack, so it would be unfair to put him at unnecessary risk. I still feel that even though there is no stipulation to isolate, it's a bit reckless to visit public places if you know you're positive. I'm all for the herd immunity principle but who really knows what each variant will bring.

David L

Thanks for the explanation. I'm sorry that you and others close to you feel vulnerable

Matt2112

Had my winter flu jab today and took up the opportunity of having what Facebook vaccinologists insist must be my 1,000th Covid one while I was at it.