COVID-19

Started by Slim, March 12, 2022, 11:08:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David L

Quote from: Matt2112 on May 18, 2024, 12:50:08 PM
Quote from: David L on May 17, 2024, 07:21:26 AMhttps://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/37064937/

For context: 250,000,000 doses of Moderna have been given in the USA alone.

13,500,000,000 doses of all vaccines globally.

We're three and a half years down the line, so where are we up to with the relative risk of severe outcomes from the virus vs. vaccines? 
Judging by the conclusion, that context has already been considered but not without caveat.

Slim

Just allegations at the moment, and having had a look at their source, the Repugnican Kansas Attorney general Kris Kobach, I'm sure absolute nonsense.

Oh I've just read this belter "Kobach led a group which sought to aid Trump in his efforts to overturn the election results"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kris_Kobach

Also: "Kobach repeatedly called on President Barack Obama to release his birth certificate"

And wow, get this one: 'In October 2020, amid the COVID-19 pandemic, Kobach and businessman Daniel Drake pitched a line of products to Kansas legislators, claiming that their Sarus Systems products would "kill COVID"'

https://kansasreflector.com/2021/03/14/kobach-teamed-up-with-wichita-businessman-to-sell-covid-killing-device-an-investigation-found-no-merit-to-their-claims/

Just another nutjob from the American right, then.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

David L

Quote from: Slim on June 18, 2024, 10:45:19 PMJust allegations at the moment, and having had a look at their source, the Repugnican Kansas Attorney general Kris Kobach, I'm sure absolute nonsense.

Oh I've just read this belter "Kobach led a group which sought to aid Trump in his efforts to overturn the election results"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kris_Kobach

Also: "Kobach repeatedly called on President Barack Obama to release his birth certificate"

And wow, get this one: 'In October 2020, amid the COVID-19 pandemic, Kobach and businessman Daniel Drake pitched a line of products to Kansas legislators, claiming that their Sarus Systems products would "kill COVID"'

https://kansasreflector.com/2021/03/14/kobach-teamed-up-with-wichita-businessman-to-sell-covid-killing-device-an-investigation-found-no-merit-to-their-claims/

Just another nutjob from the American right, then.
Probably and Texas has one too!

https://www.reuters.com/legal/pfizer-is-sued-by-texas-over-covid-19-vaccine-claims-2023-11-30/

We'll see how it goes. Good work

The Picnic Wasp

Oh well, my first ever positive test this morning. I'm kind of relieved in a way. Felt a throat tickle on Tuesday evening but only very slightly fluey yesterday morning. Started to feel a bit grim by mid-afternoon which gradually worsened into the evening so I headed to bed. Had to grit my teeth to haul myself up after 11 pm as the foxes were gathering outside to be fed. Bad night but the midnight paracetamol really helped and I feel I'm now turning a corner.

David L

Quote from: The Picnic Wasp on June 27, 2024, 12:24:57 PMOh well, my first ever positive test this morning. I'm kind of relieved in a way. Felt a throat tickle on Tuesday evening but only very slightly fluey yesterday morning. Started to feel a bit grim by mid-afternoon which gradually worsened into the evening so I headed to bed. Had to grit my teeth to haul myself up after 11 pm as the foxes were gathering outside to be fed. Bad night but the midnight paracetamol really helped and I feel I'm now turning a corner.
Hope you feel better soon

The Picnic Wasp

Yesterday was dreadful. The worst day yet. Today slightly better but symptoms shifting to throat and voice down an octave. Hopefully this doesn't descend any further as might cause difficulties. Heart settled after a couple of hours yesterday so that's one hurdle overcome. Apparently I don't qualify for antivirals as my list of ailments isn't enough. I'll take that as a positive. I dread to think how this would have been without the vaccinations. I was going to write something rather distasteful about Wuhan and hydrogen bombs but maybe my temperature is falling and my judgement is becoming less impaired.

The Picnic Wasp

Seven days since symptoms began and now sense taste and smell completely gone. This is hugely worrying and depressing. I don't know how I'd feel if this is long term or worse.

Thenop

Quote from: The Picnic Wasp on July 02, 2024, 11:14:34 AMSeven days since symptoms began and now sense taste and smell completely gone. This is hugely worrying and depressing. I don't know how I'd feel if this is long term or worse.

All the best! Sounds like an ordeal. Hang in there.

pxr5

Quote from: The Picnic Wasp on July 02, 2024, 11:14:34 AMSeven days since symptoms began and now sense taste and smell completely gone. This is hugely worrying and depressing. I don't know how I'd feel if this is long term or worse.
Same here - I'm feeling lousy again. My wife has just about got over it - 3 weeks in all. I still have the feverish symptoms - shivering and hot then cold. Apart from the taste/smell problems I have an awful, metallic taste in my mouth all the time. Thank God I don't have to work any more.
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

Thenop

Quote from: pxr5 on July 02, 2024, 12:58:53 PM
Same here - I'm feeling lousy again. My wife has just about got over it - 3 weeks in all. I still have the feverish symptoms - shivering and hot then cold. Apart from the taste/smell problems I have an awful, metallic taste in my mouth all the time. Thank God I don't have to work any more.

Best to you too!

The Picnic Wasp

Just did another test (my third) and again negative. So it's just a stinking cold and cough. Bit of a waste of LFI tests, especially as they're quite pricey now, but best to know I suppose.

David L

Quote from: The Picnic Wasp on July 21, 2024, 12:33:00 PMJust did another test (my third) and again negative. So it's just a stinking cold and cough. Bit of a waste of LFI tests, especially as they're quite pricey now, but best to know I suppose.
Why? Because now it's just a stinking cold and cough  :-\

Slim

Quote from: David L on July 21, 2024, 09:39:02 PM
Quote from: The Picnic Wasp on July 21, 2024, 12:33:00 PMJust did another test (my third) and again negative. So it's just a stinking cold and cough. Bit of a waste of LFI tests, especially as they're quite pricey now, but best to know I suppose.
Why? Because now it's just a stinking cold and cough  :-\

It does carry long-term health risks that a cold wouldn't, but - I will say that for non-vulnerable people who are confident they'll get through it, there's not a lot of point in testing now providing you isolate.

Actually I think I would test, because it's useful to me to know if my immunity's been boosted or not.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan