COVID-19

Started by Slim, March 12, 2022, 11:08:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Picnic Wasp

Quote from: David L on July 21, 2024, 09:39:02 PM
Quote from: The Picnic Wasp on July 21, 2024, 12:33:00 PMJust did another test (my third) and again negative. So it's just a stinking cold and cough. Bit of a waste of LFI tests, especially as they're quite pricey now, but best to know I suppose.
Why? Because now it's just a stinking cold and cough  :-\

I'm not sure I understand your question, David. Might be as I'm not firing on all six at the moment.

David L

Quote from: The Picnic Wasp on July 22, 2024, 11:16:06 AM
Quote from: The Picnic Wasp on July 21, 2024, 12:33:00 PMJust did another test (my third) and again negative. So it's just a stinking cold and cough. Bit of a waste of LFI tests, especially as they're quite pricey now, but best to know I suppose.

I'm not sure I understand your question, David. Might be as I'm not firing on all six at the moment.
Why is it best to know if you have covid or not? That's what I meant.

The Picnic Wasp

Quote from: David L on July 22, 2024, 03:59:45 PM
Quote from: The Picnic Wasp on July 22, 2024, 11:16:06 AM

Why is it best to know if you have covid or not? That's what I meant.

Oh, I see. Well in my case I'd had covid at the beginning of the month and I'd read about a condition called covid rebound where it can come back quickly. That might be an issue for me with my history of heart arrhythmia, so if I'd tested positive again I would seek help. Also, my sister is staying here meantime and she's in daily contact with someone who is recovering from a recent heart attack, so it would be unfair to put him at unnecessary risk. I still feel that even though there is no stipulation to isolate, it's a bit reckless to visit public places if you know you're positive. I'm all for the herd immunity principle but who really knows what each variant will bring.

David L

Thanks for the explanation. I'm sorry that you and others close to you feel vulnerable