COVID-19

Started by Slim, March 12, 2022, 11:08:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rufus_the_dawg

umm do I have Covid or a cold? 3 negative test all negative, feels like I have a heavy cold....ummmm

Rufus_the_dawg

Yes I have CV19. Tested positive came up straight away on test. Felt rough yesterday.

captainkurtz

All the best, fella..

Nickslikk2112

Arse. Finally come down with COVID. I blame the boy  >:(
Funny how Mrs S has never come down with it, yet she works on a School reception and is a First Aider there.

Also funny that at the start of the pandemic I stopped being able to taste Instant Coffee or minty toothpaste yet I've been able to the last couple of days.

Rufus_the_dawg

I still have it too, 4th day, sore throat from hell but went for a walk with the dogs today and I did manage some sleep last night.

Nickslikk2112

My throat's OK, I just feel like I've been poleaxed. Bit of a headache, bit of a cough. Just hope I sleep tonight as spent all last night in a sweat.

To say I've had three jabs and Omicron's supposed to be milder I feel like shit. But then I've always suffered badly from the Common Cold.

Rufus_the_dawg

Paracetamol is your friend, you have the same symptoms as me. Ended up reading most of the night because trying to sleep failed. But I found if I took the Paracetamol it helped with the fever.

Day time TV needs turning off....all of its rubbish.

Nickslikk2112

Quote from: Rufus_the_dawg on March 22, 2022, 12:25:24 PMParacetamol is your friend, you have the same symptoms as me. Ended up reading most of the night because trying to sleep failed. But I found if I took the Paracetamol it helped with the fever.
Mrs S has come back from work with a couple of packs of Paracetamol.

QuoteDay time TV needs turning off....all of its rubbish.
You obviously don't watch Four in a Bed!

Slim

Hope you both recover completely in a couple of days.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Nick

Just saying to a work colleague I have never tested positive (although I am likely to have had it and was asymptomatic as all my household got it early on), then I get a ping 2 mins later on my phone to say I have been in close contact with a zombie, let's see how it pans out.

Slim

Used local trains in London for three days in a row from Saturday to yesterday. Trains sometimes near-full. Only a few people wearing face coverings.

But to be honest I'd rather get it now before the booster jab in December wears off; it must already be waning in effectiveness.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

pdw1

Wife has tested positive for Covid. Not surprising since just everyone she works with has had it in the last few weeks. So far I have tested negative.

Rufus_the_dawg

Oh no, I hope it will be ok for you all. My wife and I stopped sharing the bed and stayed in other rooms because we did not want her to get it. That was under wife's sisters orders who is a Dr, bit of a pain but we did it.

captainkurtz

I quite enjoyed sleeping in the spare room for a week.  Bit like being on holiday.

David L