COVID-19

Started by Slim, March 12, 2022, 11:08:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt2112

Quote from: The Picnic Wasp on November 27, 2022, 02:22:29 PM
Quote from: Matt2112 on November 27, 2022, 10:24:47 AMFeeling much better today; quite chipper in fact!

I was so delighted that was given the Moderna vaccine last time around, but it wiped me out for two days. Hadn't had such a bad reaction before. Perhaps that's a good sign.

Shows it's working. My flu jab last year had me off work for a day, but the Covid jabs had mild effects; just a bit of light-headedness for a few hours. So I suspect the flu vaccine again made me unwell this time round, but who knows. :)

Matt2112

Looks like much of the hoi polloi in China have reached the end of their tether with their government's now clearly untenable zero Covid "strategy".

I wonder where that leaves Christina Pagel and her fellow finger-wagging lockdown fanatics, because her Twitter feed is curiously absent of their usual hot takes at the moment.  ::)

David L

Quote from: Matt2112 on November 28, 2022, 02:00:11 PMLooks like much of the hoi polloi in China have reached the end of their tether with their government's now clearly untenable zero Covid "strategy".

I wonder where that leaves Christina Pagel and her fellow finger-wagging lockdown fanatics, because her Twitter feed is curiously absent of their usual hot takes at the moment.  ::)
If Jeremy Hunt had been the UK's PM, we may have seen the same outcome here!

David L

Interesting data from Italy

David L

Pathology of heart damage caused by myocarditis in people found dead at home within 28 days of Covid-19 vaccination

Slim

H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

David L

Quote from: Slim on December 05, 2022, 07:18:06 AMInformation on this here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/myocarditis-and-pericarditis-after-covid-19-vaccination/myocarditis-and-pericarditis-after-covid-19-vaccination-guidance-for-healthcare-professionals
"this is a very rare condition following vaccination (see the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency's (MHRA) weekly summary for the latest data)"

How can the government determine this is the case? :

" Myocarditis and pericarditis are both inflammatory conditions of the heart. The incidence of myocarditis is difficult to ascertain as most cases are mild and are often not well investigated."

Exactly.

" the long-term consequences of this condition secondary to vaccination are yet unknown"

Hmm, wasn't that the basis on which a lot of us made our decision to pass on the vaccine?

Proper monitoring/investigation required.

David L

Strep A infection continues to take the lives of  young children. In some age groups 1-4 years) the prevalence of infection is 5 times pre-pandemic levels.
UKHSA Chief Medical Advisor, Susan Hopkins:

"Rises may be due to reduced immunity from last 3 years"

Slim

Yes, as was anticipated. But it's a tiny handful of lives compared to the many thousands of lives saved by the lockdowns that, in this hypothesis, led to reduced immunity.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

David L

Quote from: Slim on December 06, 2022, 10:14:49 AMYes, as was anticipated. But it's a tiny handful of lives compared to the many thousands of lives saved by the lockdowns that, in this hypothesis, led to reduced immunity.
I'm fairly certain that history will show more harm was done than good

David L

This is a nice follow-on from the Dr Campbell video I posted on 5th December re: Myocarditis

Had your booster yet, Slim?

Slim

Quote from: David L on December 06, 2022, 11:41:53 AM
Quote from: Slim on December 06, 2022, 10:14:49 AMYes, as was anticipated. But it's a tiny handful of lives compared to the many thousands of lives saved by the lockdowns that, in this hypothesis, led to reduced immunity.
I'm fairly certain that history will show more harm was done than good

I'm sure it won't.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Slim

Quote from: David L on December 06, 2022, 11:50:32 PMThis is a nice follow-on from the Dr Campbell video I posted on 5th December re: Myocarditis

Had your booster yet, Slim?

I think we've already addressed this myocarditis question in post #220 of this thread. Thanks for your interest, I doubt I'll get boosted before February.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

David L

Quote from: Slim on December 07, 2022, 10:13:34 AMI think we've already addressed this myocarditis question in post #220 of this thread.
It would appear to be an evolving story