COVID-19

Started by Slim, March 12, 2022, 11:08:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David L

Interesting:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/health/medical/nearly-90-000-more-people-died-at-home-from-non-covid-causes-in-pandemic/ar-AA122Tpi?ocid=entnewsntp&cvid=2e4d9909dc914848b7243c5048ad911c

"The ONS said that many of the excess deaths this year were owing to cardiac arrhythmias, heart diseases and diabetes, as well as dementia and Alzheimer's disease.

Dr Sonya Babu-Narayan, the associate medical director at the British Heart Foundation, said that urgent research was needed to find out why so many more people were dying of heart problems.
"

:-\

Matt2112

Just had a LFT: negative!! :D

One swallow may not make a summer though, so will try another tomorrow morning.

EDIT:  hold on, hold on...someone has observed the faintest of lines against the T and, on closer scrutiny, I have to admit it's there.  Very faint, yes, but definitely there.  False alarm... 🙁

Matt2112

Absolutely delighted to report - for definite this time - that today's LFT is incontrovertibly negative.

The space next to the T is now as pure as the driven snow.

Absolutely buzzing. 8)

Thank you for all the supportive words. :)

Fishy

Quote from: Matt2112 on September 22, 2022, 01:46:54 PMAbsolutely delighted to report - for definite this time - that today's LFT is incontrovertibly negative.

The space next to the T is now as pure as the driven snow.

Absolutely buzzing. 8)

Thank you for all the supportive words. :)

Exceptional news 👍
From The Land of Honest Men

Slim

Suspect I may test negative this morning, but will leave it until tomorrow I think. Don't need to mingle today.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Matt2112

Received an invitation for my Covid booster jab today - nicely timed, I thought.

Booked for Sunday.

Slim

Quote from: Matt2112 on September 23, 2022, 05:22:30 PMReceived an invitation for my Covid booster jab today - nicely timed, I thought.

Booked for Sunday.

The wife received her own invitation today and booked it for next week, until she remembered that you're supposed to wait four weeks after being infected - so she's re-booked it for the end of October. I think you should at least mention it to your GP.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-vaccination-booster-dose-resources/covid-19-vaccination-a-guide-to-booster-vaccination-for-individuals-aged-18-years-and-over
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Matt2112

Thanks James, wasn't aware.

I will reschedule.

Slim

Finally tested negative yesterday morning. Phew!
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

David L

Slim

H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

David L

Quote from: Slim on September 27, 2022, 11:19:46 PMhttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aseem_Malhotra
Here you go, this makes it easier for all who are interested:

COVID-19
In 2020 during the COVID-19 pandemic and before there were any approved vaccines for COVID-19, Malhotra published a book[11] claiming that following his dietary advice could grant "metabolic optimization" which would, in 21 days, decrease the risk of viral infection. David Gorski criticized the book[1] because the biggest single risk factor for COVID-19 infection is age, which people cannot change. Gorski said that while Malhotra had a germ of a good point and that it was undeniable that losing weight for someone who is obese would reduce their risk of complications, the claims about the book were massively exaggerated and there was no specific evidence for the impact of lifestyle recommendations on the risk of COVID-19 or that Malhotra's version of a healthy diet was better or worse than any other healthy lifestyle recommendation. Gorski was also concerned that telling people that they should be in control of their susceptibility to disease may have an element of victim blaming because that shifts responsibility for disease onto individuals, many of whom are unable to follow the kind of diet Malhotra advocates.[1]
In November 2021, Malhotra appeared on GB News to discuss an abstract for an academic poster published by Steven Gundry and which the American Heart Association had warned may contain "potential errors". Malhotra claimed that the abstract supported "a significantly increased risk from 11% at five years, the risk of heart attack, to 25%." after taking mRNA vaccines against COVID-19. Full Fact warned that "Serious concerns have been raised as to the quality of the research".
[63]

File under 'dangerous lunatic'  ;D

pxr5

Wife and I popped up for our boosters and flu jabs earlier today. Booster was Pfizer, but for the second time they have no flu jabs and no idea when they'll become available here.
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

Slim

Well - 'er indoors has her booster booked for tomorrow, but I haven't booked one so far. I'm not sure whether I will bother.

Here's my thinking.

I've just had a dose of COVID, and it didn't make me seriously ill. If anything, the natural immunity boost I've had from that will have improved my situation.

We don't have a threat of lockdown to overcome, or (presently) a risk of the NHS being overwhelmed. I work from home and don't often interact with strangers or other people outside my household.

I'm not sure I should get a booster at this time.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

The Picnic Wasp

Booster and 'flu jab tomorrow. I wonder which booster I'll receive. I think I heard a while back that Moderna was the good one to get but I suppose anything is better than nothing.