Main Menu

New Steven Wilson Album and Tour Announced

Started by pxr5, June 24, 2024, 02:32:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pxr5

"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

Thenop

So, you can pre order the cd and then you get early access for tickets. Right.
Also: Brussels tickets will be 42/45 Eur. Amsterdam 72 Eur? Very expensive for the venue he's playing which is a 5000 capacity standing room only.

Need a real hard think before I bite.

dom

No Dublin date this time round and didn't get to see him last time he came so I may consider one of the UK dates or Europe perhaps

The Picnic Wasp

Ordered the CD because it said it's signed. Will have a look at the pre-sale tomorrow and check if the seats are any good.

Thenop

Quote from: The Picnic Wasp on June 24, 2024, 04:23:50 PMOrdered the CD because it said it's signed. Will have a look at the pre-sale tomorrow and check if the seats are any good.

Never understood the fascination with autographs or autographed goods.
Conversely, when I played a lot and we released some cds, I had people asking me sign them. Always felt weird, I did it of course, but (and this is a real question) what is the attraction?

The Picnic Wasp

Quote from: Thenop on June 24, 2024, 04:50:44 PM
Quote from: The Picnic Wasp on June 24, 2024, 04:23:50 PMOrdered the CD because it said it's signed. Will have a look at the pre-sale tomorrow and check if the seats are any good.

Conversely, when I played a lot and we released some cds, I had people asking me sign them. Always felt weird, I did it of course, but (and this is a real question) what is the attraction?

Not something I've ever sought out in the past either, but just thought, if I'm going to buy it when it comes out in any case and it's only £11, why not have it. Maybe do the Sheldon Cooper thing. Try to retrieve some of Steven's DNA, obtain an ovum and grow my own Prog musician / producer.

Thenop

Quote from: The Picnic Wasp on June 24, 2024, 06:49:48 PM
Quote from: Thenop on June 24, 2024, 04:50:44 PM

Not something I've ever sought out in the past either, but just thought, if I'm going to buy it when it comes out in any case and it's only £11, why not have it. Maybe do the Sheldon Cooper thing. Try to retrieve some of Steven's DNA, obtain an ovum and grow my own Prog musician / producer.

Jurassic Park Prog Edition, ehm wait, there is something in there. Where's Jeff Goldblum when you need him to explain things in a way so everyone understands. 

captainkurtz

Big collector of signed prints...hang them on the wall, look at them and enjoy them every day really.  Great investment as well. 

Nick

Like the album cover, two planets, hot/cold, two tracks, surely some Hemispheres vibe.

Going to try for Bristol.

Thenop

The little snippet of music behind his video short promises a return to his proggish style.
Nice, sounds like Minneman on drums.

pdw1

Got tickets for London and Birmingham. Very pleased.

Thenop

So yes, did get a ticket for Amsterdam next year. Break out the prog hat, leave the dancing shoes at home.

The Picnic Wasp

Fortunately tickets left after the paracetamol kicked in late morning. Glasgow gig, second from back at very rear of the Concert Hall but end of row which I love.

Matt2112

Pfft, Emperor's New Clothes.

I'll leave you all to it. ::) ;)

Thenop

Quote from: Thenop on June 28, 2024, 11:10:13 AMSo yes, did get a ticket for Amsterdam next year. Break out the prog hat, leave the dancing shoes at home.

Completely forgot about this one, noticed he has an annoucement now up for the tour. Thought I'd check the tickets to find out, I already bought them. In doing so, noticing he has not sold out yet, tickets readily available.
Ouch.
PT sold out in no time.