Euros Footy Score Predictor

Started by Fishy, June 03, 2024, 05:10:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thenop

Back where I belong, last place and hit over the head with a wooden spoon again.

Fishy

My predictions are pretty bad this time..

Gone for a Spain win.. Italy draw..
From The Land of Honest Men

Slim

Didn't do great on the predictions, but Albania's defeat means England are through to the knockout stage now - we can't do worse than a qualifying third place.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

pxr5

Poor old Croatia, but where did all that extra time come from. I've read that if England win by 3 clear goals Croatia can still go through - I can't see that happening though.
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

Thenop

Didn't do bad, 4 points.
Holland is through because of the Albania loss. Let's see what tonight brings we play Austria.

Fishy

That Italy last gasp goal helped me ..4.5 points last night..

Thenop

Croatians blaming a Dutch ref, calling him a criminal, for the 8 mins of extra time. This is after the Croatian coach took 3 mins to sub a player when it was 1-0, and the captain took 3 mins to miss a penalty. Sore losers much?

dom

Quote from: Thenop on June 25, 2024, 08:43:21 AMCroatians blaming a Dutch ref, calling him a criminal, for the 8 mins of extra time. This is after the Croatian coach took 3 mins to sub a player when it was 1-0, and the captain took 3 mins to miss a penalty. Sore losers much?

In fairness it was a very sore way to lose

Thenop

Quote from: dom on June 25, 2024, 09:18:32 AM
Quote from: Thenop on June 25, 2024, 08:43:21 AMCroatians blaming a Dutch ref, calling him a criminal, for the 8 mins of extra time. This is after the Croatian coach took 3 mins to sub a player when it was 1-0, and the captain took 3 mins to miss a penalty. Sore losers much?

In fairness it was a very sore way to lose

That's the game, you can win or lose in the last minute. In all honesty, the Italians were piss poor, so were the Croatians. Both teams should perform much better with the quality of the players.

Thenop

Some changes in out team that should make it interesting. Our man Geertruida is in, in favour of Dumfries, Malen is in and Veerman is back.
Let's see if we can beat Austria this way.

dom

France struggled against them. I'd say you'd need to be a bit more adventurous than you were against France to secure the win

Thenop

Quote from: dom on June 25, 2024, 03:35:27 PMFrance struggled against them. I'd say you'd need to be a bit more adventurous than you were against France to secure the win

It's a bit different than against France this time, Geertruida is Feyenoord, he is used to playing against teams like Austria that have their defenders high on the field, Malen is a very fast right winger from Dortmund that can cut trough the defense and Veerman is the boy with the golden pass.
In possession Geertruida will come up to the midfield creating a 3-4-4 situation. I am happy he chose for these guys, I think they will be able to cut through the Austrian defense.

Thenop

Where I said 3-4-4, I meant 3-4-3  ;D

dom

Quote from: Thenop on June 25, 2024, 04:02:09 PMWhere I said 3-4-4, I meant 3-4-3  ;D

They will definitely cut through the Austrian defence with the former  ;D

Fishy

Gone got a France win... Holland to draw..