Euros Footy Score Predictor

Started by Fishy, June 03, 2024, 05:10:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David L

dom

Huge improvement needed to beat even modest Switzerland

Matt2112

Quote from: dom on June 30, 2024, 07:43:38 PMHuge improvement needed to beat even modest Switzerland

They've looked a lot better than England in this tournament.

pxr5

I love this Georgia team. They seem close to scoring every break they make. Spain, as always, trying to walk the ball into the goal.
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

Fishy

Have refs just given up on all the shirt pulling, grabbing, shoving , holding etc that goes  on in the penalty box for free kick and corners.. it's nonsense.. also do they now train for rolling along the ground after even the lamest of tackles.. the game is an absolute joke ..
From The Land of Honest Men

Thenop

The slamming their hand on the pitch to emphasize it really hurts is just cartoon like. Makes me chuckle. Cry babies.

pxr5

I agree on all the above. Also when a player goes down the opposition are supposed to put the ball out for treatment. Erm no, as soon as the player gets any attention up he jumps - in fact he his putting his own team at a disadvantage by staying down. How many times has a player been truly hurt so badly that a pause in the game is required - not many?

There was a clear example of this with a Slovakian player who wasn't even tackled if I remember rightly. As soon as the ball eventually went dead up he jumped. I can imagine what goes through these player's minds. 'Oh I'm down, they'll put the ball out now'. 'Oh shit they are carrying on, I'll stay down and pretend I'm really injured'. 'Damn, damn they are still playing, I can't get up now or I'll look like a dick, sod my team, I'm more important'. 'At last the ball is out of play, best I get up and limp a bit to show how badly hurt I really was'. Bunch of wimps.
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

Fishy

Yes and all the face holding and grimaces with tackles is just unbelievable.. it's all essentially cheating but seems to be acceptable somehow..

Thenop

I need to reconsider France as a contendor. They are not if they keep playing like this.

dom

Enough to get past Be and Ne(l) ! Shame no Luxembourg in the quarters😂

Dominating games but not able to hit the target. Perhaps the zorro mask is having an adverse effect.

One positive is the defence. De Bruyne and Lukaku only given one sniff at goal each today. And they say defences win tournaments. Spain look stronger overall at the moment though

Fishy

Got Portugal to win but hope Slovenia do it.. Ronaldo is a prick..

David L

Quote from: Fishy on July 01, 2024, 10:20:10 PMGot Portugal to win but hope Slovenia do it.. Ronaldo is a prick..
And a cry baby

Thenop

Quote from: Fishy on July 01, 2024, 10:20:10 PMGot Portugal to win but hope Slovenia do it.. Ronaldo is a prick..

Some comment on the BBCs wordplay "Misstiano Penaldo"  ;D
Quite funny actually

dom

Personally I really admire Ronaldo.  I don't think he was/is as technically gifted as Messi (still incredibly gifted but not quite at Messi's level) but his pure dedication to the sport, ensuring that his physical fitness remained at a level to make the most of his abilities is laudable.  To have maintained that level over 20+ years is quite exceptional.

He does come across as a bit of a prick at times but I think his positive characteristics outweigh that

EDIT:  But his ego the size of a planet is pretty unpleasant

Fishy

Keep changing my scores for todays games.. have settled on netherlands win and score draw Austria game.. I think..