Tinnitus

Started by Slim, March 11, 2022, 12:09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slim

I did wear a different pair of earplugs last night at another Sea Power gig; they did attenuate the higher frequencies noticeably without spoiling the fun. My ears aren't "ringing" this morning though I do have the usual background hiss.

Interestingly fatigue definitely makes it worse - the morning after a long bike ride for example, or after a late night it's definitely more apparent.

So far though it doesn't really bother me - I can still hear normally and it's not intrusive.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Thenop

Been drumming for ages and soon fond out I needed l[lugs to make it over 20 without hearing damage. Still, it is there, the high pithced beep that is. I listen to a lot of music with headphones or in-ears as well but it mostly bothers me in large(r) rooms when people are talking. I find I am having more difficulty understanding what people say, it frequency loss I guess.
It bothers me on and off, when stressed it execerbates, when I am tired as well. But when relaxed it is there but I hardly notice it. Something I need to learn to live with, I guess.

Rufus_the_dawg

Yes try to get good nights sleep...says me posting at 3.55!