Rick Beato channel on YT

Started by Thenop, April 15, 2024, 09:28:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thenop

lately I have been watching quite interviews / longs & shorts on Rick Beato's channel. I know some of you do as well.
i like his way of interviewing, he is really knowledgable and insightful. So I ran into his interview with Tool drummer Danny Carey and I was floored. Not only did he interview him great, Danny was such a pleasure to listen to. So humble and open. And what revelations! He played with Jeff Buckley even way back, how about that? And then running through his kit, some real eye openers there for me!

(and as a fan: Danny mentioned they have remastering AEnima, and he heard it on vinyl...so that means a re-release on vinyl FINALLY coming up!).

Stewart Copeland is another fantastic interview, although I have seen a lot of Stewart and was already a fan..

Anyway, just thought I'd mention it in case you hadn't noticed Beato and his 4.2 million ( :o ) subscribers.

https://www.youtube.com/@RickBeato/videos
And for shorter versions or excerpts:
https://www.youtube.com/@rickbeato2

Slim

Something about Rick's personality grates on me a little. I think his sales schtick is a little over-confident.

But I must admit his interviews are usually brilliant. Very comprehensive, very long usually. He understands music theory and music production so he asks interesting questions other interviewers usually wouldn't. He usually has a knowledge of his subjects' music and career that other interviewers don't. I've been a little embarrassed by some of the questions people have asked Geddy when he was doing the rounds for My Effin' Life for example.

I'd love to see him interview Alex, although Alex doesn't seem to have a lot of music theory knowledge so that could actually prove a little embarrassing for the opposite reason.

His Andy Summers interview was fantastic, I linked it somewhere in Other Music I think.

As well as the interviews I like his analysis videos. He did one for Xanadu. I especially like this one for the old Burt Bacharach tune The Look of Love.

H5N1 kIlled a wild swan