Main Menu

Porcupine Tree

Started by pxr5, March 09, 2022, 08:13:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pudders

Quote from: dom on November 14, 2022, 02:11:58 PMNice review of the Wembley gig

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/885c808a-6354-11ed-9ccc-9d160947f622?shareToken=55c5f006ed076b077fc87410e28a1088&fbclid=IwAR2fVv0u2TaZReEtJQZCWFMDsKAQJu72bEF23BZCSaxiQ1Z3qJoVgHIMBys

Pretty accurate I'd say though thought most of the new stuff sounded fine and Herd Culling was immense! Can imagine if they ever did tour properly again that would be the one they definitely keep...but great gig. Really good to bump into quite a few of the former TNMS crowd (see if I can remember user names: Oz, Rascal Houdi, Neill with 2 L's, Baldie Pete, Dixcot...) though missed as many as we saw, which was a shame. And I guess it's an age thing when you you get driven to the gig by your son (who then get's a nice seat upgrade courtesy of Neill).

It's a crap venue but, from Louise's point of view in her wheelchair it rather exceeded expectations with a great spot at the front of the lower tier and attentive/understanding staff. Plus, the PT sound man must be a miracle worker as it sounded pretty decent.

Meanwhile Louise is causing mayhem on the various fan pages due to her light up walking stick  :)

Blastzone

Well worth the travel down to Wembley . Thoroughly enjoyable gig with great seats. Tremendous set list with , as Pudders said , Herd culling being the highlight from the latest album . Sorry I missed you by the way,  I believe I was in the same pub as you  but kept bumping into folk we knew . A quick trip down and back up with the Scottish troops , but we all enjoyed it very much

Pudders

Quote from: Blastzone on November 17, 2022, 11:34:54 AMWell worth the travel down to Wembley . Thoroughly enjoyable gig with great seats. Tremendous set list with , as Pudders said , Herd culling being the highlight from the latest album . Sorry I missed you by the way,  I believe I was in the same pub as you  but kept bumping into folk we knew . A quick trip down and back up with the Scottish troops , but we all enjoyed it very much

Sorry we missed you, it was impossible to get Lou's wheels in the pub so missed loads of you guys!

dom

Spotify unwrapped came out today showing top artists, songs listened to in 2022. A new feature is artist messages. Bruce Soord and Gavin Harrison appeared on mine promoting new material and tour. What's good for the goose etc!

The Picnic Wasp

Quote from: dom on November 30, 2022, 08:36:58 PMSpotify unwrapped came out today showing top artists, songs listened to in 2022. A new feature is artist messages. Bruce Soord and Gavin Harrison appeared on mine promoting new material and tour. What's good for the goose etc!

Spotify Unwrapped is probably worth a new thread Dom.

pdw1

pxr5

^ Blimey C/C second. I'd put In Absentia first.
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

Thenop

New SW album coming this year, the man himself tweeted it just now. 10 tracks, 65mins, not that that means anything though. Looking forward to it though. Can't imagine he will venture into his last solo outing direction and he likes changing things up. 

Nick

Also said next years PT shows will be the last.

pdw1

Quote from: Nick on January 01, 2023, 05:54:12 PMAlso said next years PT shows will be the last.
The Manchester show is being advertised as the only UK show. If that is true we didnt get much of this re-union tour

Neillwith2Ls

Quote from: Nick on January 01, 2023, 05:54:12 PMAlso said next years PT shows will be the last.

"Likely to be" their last I think is the direct quote ;)

I always felt it was a bit of a Swan-song, and even after their triumphant Wembley gig it never felt like a new beginning to me. Guess we're lucky that it happened at all?

Thenop

So, the show I visited last year gets the CD/DVD/BluRay/LP release December 8th.
Going to cost everyone a fortune, luckily Christmas is rapidly approaching.

Here's Harridan:

EDIT: Spotted myself already.

pxr5

^ Sweet. A bit steep for the x4 vinyl though - £74.99. I might pass on this one - then again......

https://burningshed.com/index.php?route=product/search&filter_name=porcupine%20tree&filter_sub_category=true
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

pdw1

With this and the new solo album SW has a strangle hold on my credit card. I tried to resist, honest I did but...

Thenop

Well, I gave in and pre ordered the LP set and the DVD/BR combo. Can't take it with me anyway...it's only money.