Main Menu

Porcupine Tree

Started by pxr5, March 09, 2022, 08:13:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pdw1

Week to go until the new album

Another video to wet your appetite
are there any tracks left that have not been released?

pxr5

That's 4 singles released from the album so far. I haven't listened to Herd Culling or Rats Return - I'll await the album next week. I've had the deluxe vinyl version on pre-order since 01 Nov 21 - 45 rpm too:

https://burningshed.com/porcupine-tree_closure-continuation_vinyl-boxset?filter_name=porcupine%20tree&filter_sub_category=true&page=2
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

pxr5

One quick play through of Closure/Continuation today. My first impression is: I wish it were longer. Some good songs though but more listens required.

pdw1

Mind is in the post. Probably arriving Saturday.
Lots of positive reviews around on the internet

Nickslikk2112

Quote from: pdw1 on June 23, 2022, 06:59:21 PMMind is in the post.
Amazing what you can buy online these days!

pdw1

Quote from: Nickslikk2112 on June 23, 2022, 07:08:25 PM
Quote from: pdw1 on June 23, 2022, 06:59:21 PMMind is in the post.
Amazing what you can buy online these days!
I went postal a long time ago

Norwegian

pxr5

Yet another album from PT. A limited run on vinyl only of Coma Coda:

https://burningshed.com/porcupine-tree_coma-coda_red-double-vinyl

dom

Been going through the entire Porcupine Tree back catalogue this week. Up to Fear of a Blank Planet now.

Never done this before and really enjoying it. Unlike a lot of bands the quality seems to improve as they get older. There's some great stuff amongst the earlier records but its interspersed with poor to middlin content. That reduces with each successive production.  I think Deadwing has no filler and that particular chart reaches its zenith here. In Absentia has some of their best material but it contains a fair bit of stuff I don't get on with too. .3, Gravity Eyelids. Collapse Light into Earth which just seems to meander on without going anywhere.

Fear of a Blank Planet is excellent too and doesn't have much in the way of filler. I don't think the highs are as good as on Deadwing or In Absentia though.

David L

Quote from: dom on September 16, 2022, 06:12:17 PMBeen going through the entire Porcupine Tree back catalogue this week. Up to Fear of a Blank Planet now.

Never done this before and really enjoying it. Unlike a lot of bands the quality seems to improve as they get older. There's some great stuff amongst the earlier records but its interspersed with poor to middlin content. That reduces with each successive production.  I think Deadwing has no filler and that particular chart reaches its zenith here. In Absentia has some of their best material but it contains a fair bit of stuff I don't get on with too. .3, Gravity Eyelids. Collapse Light into Earth which just seems to meander on without going anywhere.

Fear of a Blank Planet is excellent too and doesn't have much in the way of filler. I don't think the highs are as good as on Deadwing or In Absentia though.
I've only got 'the essentials' but I agree with your assessment of those, totally

Thenop

Anyone seen the current setlist... runs for 3 hours!
Just to make sure I don;t spil...have a look for yourself if you want, this was yesterday:
https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/porcupine-tree/2022/bellco-theatre-denver-co-23b1bceb.html

Nick

Due to being away for work I can no longer make the London gig, I have received the e-tickets today, 2 x block B row 3. Happy to offer these for £100 for the pair if anyone is interested ? I think they can be transferred electronically.

pxr5

Anyone who's ever been thinking about buying the book Time Flies: The Story of Porcupine Tree and put off by the high prices (like me). Well it's just been updated and released in paperback for the first time for £17. Still quite dear but better than the £25 (classic) £45 (signature) editions before:

https://rocket88books.com/products/time-flies-the-story-of-porcupine-tree-paperback