Wobbler fans - The Chronicles of Father Robin

Started by pxr5, June 23, 2023, 08:44:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pxr5

"The Chronicles of Father Robin is a Norwegian prog-rock supergroup, with members hailing from Norway's symphonic prog kings Wobbler, the ever non-definable Tusmørke, seasoned post-rockers The Samuel Jackson Five and the elusive prog gem that is Jordsjø. "The Songs & Tales of Airoea", 30 years in the making, is a cohesive triple concept album with 18 songs set in an alternate archaic world for over a period of three decades. The first album, "Book I", will be released on September 15th, with the single Eleision Fields preceding it."

https://fatherrobin.bandcamp.com/album/the-songs-tales-of-airoea-book-1

https://www.discogs.com/release/27469296-The-Chronicles-Of-Father-Robin-The-Songs-Tales-Of-Airoea-Book-I-III

https://www.youtube.com/@thechroniclesoffatherrobin4808
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

pxr5

"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

Thenop

As an extension of this, how about the solo effort of Lars Fredrik Frøislie, the keyboard player for Wobbler?
I was unaware this wa released last month, but here it is.

https://larsfredrikfroislie.bandcamp.com/album/fire-fortellinger

Nickslikk2112

All sounds very Wobbly.
All sounds like a must buy.

DAMN YOU, YOU NORWEGIAN RETRO-PROGGERS  >:(

Thenop

Thenop

dom

Will definitely give this a listen.  Wobbler too.  My only experience of Norwegian prog is through Airbag and their guitarist Bjorn Riis' solo material.  I love both so I'm excited to see the sounds that these lads put together.

Thenop

Quote from: dom on December 19, 2023, 11:17:27 AMWill definitely give this a listen.  Wobbler too.  My only experience of Norwegian prog is through Airbag and their guitarist Bjorn Riis' solo material.  I love both so I'm excited to see the sounds that these lads put together.

Airbag and Riis are far less complicated, Wobbler and this is more early '70s. If that's your thing, you won't be disappointed.
You can add the Fire Fortellinger LP to that list, this is one of the Wobbler guys' solo effort: Lars Fredrik Froisli.

dom

Quote from: Thenop on December 19, 2023, 11:24:59 AM
Quote from: dom on December 19, 2023, 11:17:27 AMWill definitely give this a listen.  Wobbler too.  My only experience of Norwegian prog is through Airbag and their guitarist Bjorn Riis' solo material.  I love both so I'm excited to see the sounds that these lads put together.

Airbag and Riis are far less complicated, Wobbler and this is more early '70s. If that's your thing, you won't be disappointed.
You can add the Fire Fortellinger LP to that list, this is one of the Wobbler guys' solo effort: Lars Fredrik Froisli.

So where to start with Wobbler?  Any recommendations?

Thenop

Quote from: dom on December 19, 2023, 02:11:52 PM
Quote from: Thenop on December 19, 2023, 11:24:59 AM

So where to start with Wobbler?  Any recommendations?

Start in the middle at Rites at Dawn, work forward and then explore the first 2 which are more 'finding their way'. Not a bad album to be found though, they're all good, but as of Rites..they matured a bit more.

Nickslikk2112

Rites at Dawn is the missing link between Fragile and Close to the Edge

Basically get anything with which Lars Fredrik Frøislie is involved, apart from maybe the In Lingua Mortua albums, unless you like the idea of Mellotron infused Black Metal :)

Thenop

Quote from: Nickslikk2112 on December 19, 2023, 03:06:24 PMRites at Dawn is the missing link between Fragile and Close to the Edge

Basically get anything with which Lars Fredrik Frøislie is involved, apart from maybe the In Lingua Mortua albums, unless you like the idea of Mellotron infused Black Metal :)

I need to get those then. Good call.

dom

I gave Rites at Dawn a spin and enjoyed it. Very Yes! Vocalist even sounds like Chris Squire!

Nickslikk2112

Quote from: dom on December 19, 2023, 08:46:19 PMI gave Rites at Dawn a spin and enjoyed it. Very Yes! Vocalist even sounds like Chris Squire!
They get a bit more wobbly after Rites.