Holidays 2024

Started by Slim, March 27, 2024, 01:29:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slim

Going anywhere nice? We spent a long weekend in Pembrokeshire (a few pics below). Back to Montenegro in September. A weekend in York in August.

H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

pxr5

2 breaks organised so far. A week in a cottage in May - The Cotswolds, then another cottage break in Northumberland in August.
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

Fishy

Currently in a place called Wark near Hexham for a couple of days .. end of May is Puerto Pollenca in Majorca then Tenerife in August.. oh and start of May couple  of days in Arran
From The Land of Honest Men

Thenop

A week in June so far, same where we always go. The east of our country, about as far away from people as possible.
It was noticeable more expensive though - as in: a lot.

Matt2112

Still scheming and planning about which Greek island to visit in August - one that would be new for me (Corfu, Skiathos, Mykonos) or somewhere we already adore (Pefkos in Rhodes, Kos, Santorini)? We shall see.

I certainly also want to revisit Athens for a city break around the end of October - two nights last year wasn't enough and there's a strong sense of us having unfinished business in that place.

Fishy

Quote from: Matt2112 on March 27, 2024, 08:01:13 PMStill scheming and planning about which Greek island to visit in August - one that would be new for me (Corfu, Skiathos, Mykonos) or somewhere we already adore (Pefkos in Rhodes, Kos, Santorini)? We shall see.

I certainly also want revisit Athens for a city break around the end of October - two nights last year wasn't enough and there's a strong sense of us having unfinished business in that place.

Do corfu.  It's ace
From The Land of Honest Men

captainkurtz

Athens next week.
Thailand in December - Bangkok, Phuket, Chiang Mai
4 day London break in August - seeing Taylor Swift and PJ Harvey...

Nickslikk2112

Had a couple of nights in Birmingham  :P
Got a midweek break in York in April
Got a weekend break in Newcastle-upon-Tyne in June

Not done more than a couple of night's away since about 2012  :(

And I agree with Fishy, Corfu's a nice place, certainly was nice place, not been since 1992...

David L

A fortnight ago we had a week in Hinterglemm in the Austrian Alps. First snowboard trip for four years. Lovely hotel, absolutely delightful food. Snow not all that but a fantastic holiday nevertheless.
No plans for summer yet. I may save my leave as I'm retiring at the end of August so I could go a week or two earlier if I don't use it.
We've already had a couple of weekends away in the motorhome. We are off to Bakewell tomorrow for the Easter weekend. Cycling and beer on the agenda.

From September onwards, everyday will be a holiday!