Main Menu

Roland kit

Started by Thenop, February 25, 2024, 09:01:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thenop

Bought a td11 some 7 years ago, liked it but was not over the moon. Have been playing it at home, mostly to keep up my skills.
Been doing some digging and found 2 sets of sounds made specially for the td 11 module. Td11 is a so called real acoustic sound module, and it has to be said, it really sounds like a regular kit if you tweak some settings.
But these new packages of sounds have really opened up the module and made it great fun. Digital copies of old Ludwig sets, DW studio sounds, I could go on. Fantastic.

Managed to order a pdx12 snare pad, the thing itself comes with 8" pads which is a bit small, that should arrive sometime this week. Once it does I am set up nicely.

Next up is subscripe to an app called Moises. It can split the instruments and lets you mute each of them separately. It also has an intelligent metronome and it recognizes chords. This will help me a lot study drum parts, really looking forward to work on some new material. And old of course, preparing for gigs later this year.

Slim

How good is the chord recognition? Would it recognise a flattened 9th for example, or a 13th?
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Thenop

Quote from: Slim on February 25, 2024, 09:05:22 AMHow good is the chord recognition? Would it recognise a flattened 9th for example, or a 13th?

I need to test that, haven't done so yet. But the trial version is free, you can easily download it, it lets you try out 5 songs for free. You can upload your own files if you want, so you can throw anything you want at it.

The Picnic Wasp

Quote from: Thenop on February 25, 2024, 09:01:47 AMBought a td11 some 7 years ago, liked it but was not over the moon. Have been playing it at home, mostly to keep up my skills.
Been doing some digging and found 2 sets of sounds made specially for the td 11 module. Td11 is a so called real acoustic sound module, and it has to be said, it really sounds like a regular kit if you tweak some settings.
But these new packages of sounds have really opened up the module and made it great fun. Digital copies of old Ludwig sets, DW studio sounds, I could go on. Fantastic.

Managed to order a pdx12 snare pad, the thing itself comes with 8" pads which is a bit small, that should arrive sometime this week. Once it does I am set up nicely.

Next up is subscripe to an app called Moises. It can split the instruments and lets you mute each of them separately. It also has an intelligent metronome and it recognizes chords. This will help me a lot study drum parts, really looking forward to work on some new material. And old of course, preparing for gigs later this year.

I started a thread on Moises back in Dec 2022. Fascinating stuff.

The Picnic Wasp

Should have added that it was in the Technology & Science section. It really would have been a huge help to me in my teens trying to figure out some of Geddy's otherworldly stuff.

Thenop

Quote from: The Picnic Wasp on February 25, 2024, 04:34:22 PMShould have added that it was in the Technology Science section. It really would have been a huge help to me in my teens trying to figure out some of Geddy's otherworldly stuff.

Technology, eh? I will be testing it properly in the coming weeks for sure.