What grinds your gears

Started by Fishy, March 06, 2022, 07:56:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David L

Quote from: Fishy on April 08, 2022, 10:26:38 AM
Quote from: David L on April 08, 2022, 10:09:16 AM
Quote from: Fishy on April 08, 2022, 09:25:20 AMOld codger yeaterday walking two black labs and taking up the whole cycle path.. ringing bell till i was right behind him.. had to stop and he asked " Don't you hvae a bell"  ffs just been dinging it you old fool so gave him another blast of it to let him hear... " Ah just never heard it"....
It's not that far away, you know  ;D

sorry what did u say... :P
IT'S NOT THAT FAR AWAY, YOU KNOW

Fishy

Annoyingly paused my Strava app on a run out yesterday.. must have been when I was taking a pic....still not sure how I managed to do it tho
From The Land of Honest Men

Jonners

Roads resurfaced with "loose gravel"

I dont know if it a Wesy Midlands thing or not, ad I havent seen it anywhere else, but it is shit!

Slim

They do that round these parts sometimes, as well. Takes a while for the gravel to bed in. Depends how busy the road is; the vehicle traffic basically finishes the job by flattening it down.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Jonners

or throwing it up in my face as they go careering past

Slim

Here's one that annoys me, not often it happens but it did yesterday. Having to share the road with motor vehicles emitting clouds of noxious fumes.

Yesterday I was overtaken by a black BMW puffing out black smoke like Thomas the Tank Engine. Actually made my eyes water. I did my best not to breathe in until I was through the worst of it but I still got a vile petrochemical taste in my mouth.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Nickslikk2112

Quote from: Slim on April 25, 2022, 09:28:05 PMHere's one that annoys me, not often it happens but it did yesterday. Having to share the road with motor vehicles emitting clouds of noxious fumes.

Yesterday I was overtaken by a black BMW puffing out black smoke like Thomas the Tank Engine. Actually made my eyes water. I did my best not to breathe in until I was through the worst of it but I still got a vile petrochemical taste in my mouth.
Wasn't Rolling Coal was he?

It really does make you wonder how some vehicles get through their MOT, apart from by cheating - hi VW - or not getting one done.

Jonners

our road surfaces. They grind my gears, but more importantly they are grinding down the cartilage in my wrists, elbows, shoulders and arse!

Slim

Quote from: Nickslikk2112 on April 25, 2022, 09:44:02 PM
Quote from: Slim on April 25, 2022, 09:28:05 PMHere's one that annoys me, not often it happens but it did yesterday. Having to share the road with motor vehicles emitting clouds of noxious fumes.

Wasn't Rolling Coal was he?

I'd never heard of this phenomenon so I looked it up. That's disgusting. Possibly the most redneck thing I can think of; legitimate targets being "hybrid vehicles .. foreign vehicles, bicyclists, protesters, and pedestrians" and I note the reference to "bicyclists" there.

H5N1 kIlled a wild swan