Think the morons were out in force today

Dogs on stupidly long leads
Walkers taking the whole width of the path
Bloke reversing out of parking place and not noticing me
Woman stepping off pavement onto cycle path and not noticing me

My red/orange jacket must be some kind of invisibility cloak
From The Land of Honest Men

Slim

Motorists overtaking too close is a very frequent source of irritation, but another very annoying one is oncoming motor vehicles with headlights on full beam. I find it useful to wear a powerful head torch so I can aim the beam at their windscreen for a brief moment.

Usually makes them stop, the same way a quick flash of full beam would if you were driving.

Here's a useful tip for night-time cyclists - if you see a car coming in the distance with suspiciously bright lights, keep one eye closed until it's passed. That way you'll still have night vision in one eye.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Nickslikk2112

Gears which you think are indexed perfectly whilst you have the bike on a repair stand, yet which refuse to shift or skip a gear when you're on the road  >:(

Drivers who give you a good gap when passing, yet are oblivious to the fact that they are now in a lane with a vehicle rapidly approaching them...

dom

On this morning's spin, 2 motorcyclists close passed us, (probably because we were cycling 2 abreast) then slowed and over-revved their engines, causing me to wobble the bike with the noise. A couple of minutes later 4 of their colleagues flew past us a bit too close to comfort at what seemed like over 100mph. Gobshites. I always thought there was a bit of comraderie between cyclists and their petrol laden cousins. Obviously not!

Fishy

Yep I'm all for plenty of room from cars but some folks are right over onto the other side even on upcoming bends and hills.. madness

Slim

Here's one that annoys me. People crawling behind you in a car when they have plenty of time to overtake. What's that about? I had a woman stalk me in a Mini for about a mile along Heather Lane once.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

dom

Quote from: Fishy on March 07, 2022, 09:53:34 AMYep I'm all for plenty of room from cars but some folks are right over onto the other side even on upcoming bends and hills.. madness

Yes drivers who think they can see round corners is another one

dom

Quote from: Slim on March 07, 2022, 09:59:58 AMHere's one that annoys me. People crawling behind you in a car when they have plenty of time to overtake. What's that about? I had a woman stalk me in a Mini for about a mile along Heather Lane once.

Timid drivers are almost as bad as overly aggressive ones.  If I can see that there is ample room to overtake, especially when coming round a corner I do signal to cars behind to overtake. It's nice when you get an acknowledgement from the driver when they have overtaken you.

Fishy

Woman today with dog not on lead who was so immersed on her phone and had no spatial awareness at all.. get out the fucking way love.... and your dog...

pdw1

Car drivers who pull up to red lights in the cycle box. There is a reason it is called a CYCLE box. Most are just to thoughtless and lazy to pay attention and stop in the right place but the few who think they can bully the cyclist out of the way (especially when they are turning left) really piss me off.

Nickslikk2112

Quote from: pdw1 on March 07, 2022, 09:06:54 PMCar drivers who pull up to red lights in the cycle box. There is a reason it is called a CYCLE box.
It isn't. They're actually  ADVANCED STOP LINES  :) (Highway Code Rule 178 - yes, I spend my spare time reading the Highway Code...)

I always take great pleasure after someone has performed a needless overtake on me just before a red light with ASL in pulling up in front of them within the ASL and then taking an age to clip in when the lights turn green.

Fishy

Fishy

Old codger yeaterday walking two black labs and taking up the whole cycle path.. ringing bell till i was right behind him.. had to stop and he asked " Don't you hvae a bell"  ffs just been dinging it you old fool so gave him another blast of it to let him hear... " Ah just never heard it"....

David L

Quote from: Fishy on April 08, 2022, 09:25:20 AMOld codger yeaterday walking two black labs and taking up the whole cycle path.. ringing bell till i was right behind him.. had to stop and he asked " Don't you hvae a bell"  ffs just been dinging it you old fool so gave him another blast of it to let him hear... " Ah just never heard it"....
It's not that far away, you know  ;D

Fishy

Quote from: David L on April 08, 2022, 10:09:16 AM
Quote from: Fishy on April 08, 2022, 09:25:20 AMOld codger yeaterday walking two black labs and taking up the whole cycle path.. ringing bell till i was right behind him.. had to stop and he asked " Don't you hvae a bell"  ffs just been dinging it you old fool so gave him another blast of it to let him hear... " Ah just never heard it"....
It's not that far away, you know  ;D

sorry what did u say... :P