Odd Alexa Bug

Started by Fishy, February 04, 2024, 02:52:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fishy

Got one of the round ones with the digital clock on it.. noticed recently after the morning alarm and you tell it off/stop alarm it seems to completely shut down.. only way to get it go do anything is  to power off/on.. tried a Google on i seems. to be a known bug.. with people saying Amazon have allegedly fixed but it's still happening.. anyone else had this ?
From The Land of Honest Men

Slim

I don't have one of those models myself. I do have one of the globular ones but it's the one without the clock. Haven't had an issue.

I expect you've seen this, not that it's particularly helpful:

https://uk.amazonforum.com/s/question/0D56Q0000CfuqvtSQA/help-echo-stops-responding-every-time-i-stop-an-alarm
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Fishy

Update.. got on a chat with them and they are sending out another.. it was bought back in dec 2020 so well out of warranty.. they made an exception for me😀

Fishy

New one has arrived.. will see how it behaves..

Fishy

Quote from: Fishy on February 06, 2024, 08:53:21 PMNew one has arrived.. will see how it behaves..

Same as the last one.. stops responding after an alarm.. will get back into Amazon

David L

Quote from: Fishy on February 13, 2024, 08:15:26 AM
Quote from: Fishy on February 06, 2024, 08:53:21 PMNew one has arrived.. will see how it behaves..

Same as the last one.. stops responding after an alarm.. will get back into Amazon
They've 'de-platformed' you. Probably heard you express an opinion that Jeff Bezos disagrees with
;D  ;)

Fishy

As of now, there is no official update regarding this issue. As I said earlier, our internal team will the fix the issue from their end. Eventhough, kindly check the update for the echo device after 72 hours by asking the device, "Alexa, check for update".

Bullshit answer me thinks...

Fishy

Did more investigations myself.. someone mentioned disabling routines which solved it for them.. didnt realise I had any enabled.. must be default ones.. anyway have binned them . Will see if that makes a difference

Fishy

Well.. killed the usual morning alarm today.. and Alexa still working after that.. just one day.. will monitor

Fishy

And it's back to not responding after the alarm..

Fishy

Quote from: Fishy on February 16, 2024, 08:58:11 AMAnd it's back to not responding after the alarm..

It's been escalated which is code for you'll never hear from us again..

David L

Quote from: Fishy on February 16, 2024, 11:48:07 AM
Quote from: Fishy on February 16, 2024, 08:58:11 AMAnd it's back to not responding after the alarm..

It's been escalated which is code for you'll never hear from us again..
Isn't there plenty of alternatives you could choose if you want to be surveilled?  ;)

Fishy

Latest from Amazon

Your issue has been caused by a technical issue, and we're currently working on a solution. This has been caused by some changes made in the backend system. We except a software rollout to resolve this issue.

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused. The fix will be rolled out and I'll inform you when.

Fishy

Latest

Our technical team have advised that a rollout to this fix will be issued on the 07/03/2024.