Started by Matt2112, January 03, 2024, 03:14:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

Quote from: David L on October 13, 2024, 03:55:07 PM2025

25th May London Palladium - Blue Öyster Cult
:)

The last few days of May!

Nickslikk2112

Back from the most expensively ticketed gig of my life - David Gilmour at the Royal Albert Hall.

Was it worth it? Probably, he may never tour again and it's worth it for that guitar work. Had a decent seat in row 8 in the Arena which got better after the interval as the bloke in front of me didn't come back! Like most of the people there I think he was from foreign parts and probably didn't understand the concept of an interval :)

I'd read many grumbles about the show before going - too front loaded, too back loaded, not enough Floyd, too much Floyd, too much of his daughter, too much of his wife, too many drunks, too many beach balls - well I can say as a professional moaner (ask Mrs S) I couldn't find fault. Yes, I'd prefer some songs to others, but it's not my show. As I say, it's worth it for the guitar.

The only grumble I had was all the people who ran down from the back of the Arena to try and get the the front for Comfortably Numb, which rendered the band invisible behind a curtain of raised mobiles  >:(