Main Menu

Prefab Sprout

Started by Slim, January 02, 2024, 12:38:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slim

This was shown on Channel 4 forty years ago last night; the first single from the band's debut album SWOON which was released a couple of months later. Annie Nightingale had played it on her R1 Sunday show a couple of days earlier.

It's not an exaggeration to say that this changed my life. I absolutely loved this band and SWOON was something like the soundtrack to 1984 for me.

H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Slim

Quote from: Slim on January 02, 2024, 12:38:47 PMThis was shown on Channel 4 forty years ago last night; the first single from the band's debut album SWOON which was released a couple of months later. Annie Nightingale had played it on her R1 Sunday show a couple of days earlier.

I've just heard the rather sad news that Annie Nightingale has died.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

dom

used to love her Sunday evening show on Radio 1.  Think I first heard Red Lenses from  GUP on that show.  To think she was only a couple of years younger than my mum who wouldn't have had a clue about the majority of the stuff Annie was playing! 

EDIT: And she kept evolving - I don't have a clue about much of the stuff she played in her latter years !

The Picnic Wasp

I liked her very much. RIP Annie.

Fishy

I remember her introducing the OGWT that featured Todd in 1982..
From The Land of Honest Men

captainkurtz

Slim

H5N1 kIlled a wild swan