Previous topic - Next topic

pxr5

"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

pxr5

pxr5

David L

I'm on a Facebook group, Cheap Vinyl LP Record Deals and Bargains and this came up on my feed today. It's available from Amazon at a crazy low price:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/John-Mayall-Hard-Road-Winyl/dp/B007PBZWKA/ref=zg_m_bs_g_9840751031_m_sccl_9/261-5474580-9900112?tag=rdeals03-21

Looks like it could be a poor re-issue from a low-budget company but for £6.97 and free P&P I thought I'd take a chance. I'll let you know whether that was a good decision when (if?) it turns up!

David L

Quote from: David L on August 04, 2024, 10:00:31 PMI'm on a Facebook group, Cheap Vinyl LP Record Deals and Bargains and this came up on my feed today. It's available from Amazon at a crazy low price:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/John-Mayall-Hard-Road-Winyl/dp/B007PBZWKA/ref=zg_m_bs_g_9840751031_m_sccl_9/261-5474580-9900112?tag=rdeals03-21

Looks like it could be a poor re-issue from a low-budget company but for £6.97 and free P&P I thought I'd take a chance. I'll let you know whether that was a good decision when (if?) it turns up!
Arrived today. Bit of a weird one really. It's heavyweight (180g) vinyl, labels look like they are repros of the original Decca labels but no catalogue number to be seen anywhere. The original record was mono but the centre label states this is stereo (I think there have been stereo re-issues).
The sound quality seems OK for what is a very poor sounding record anyway, certainly compares with a streamed version. The 'Beano' album featuring Clapton also sounds like it was recorded in someone's bathroom so perhaps that was fashionable for the mid-sixties. So, I'm not sure what I've got here but for £6.97 I'm not complaining.
Contains some nice early Peter Green guitar and two tracks credited to him alone.

Thenop

Quote from: David L on August 07, 2024, 08:53:53 PM
Quote from: David L on August 04, 2024, 10:00:31 PMI'm on a Facebook group, Cheap Vinyl LP Record Deals and Bargains and this came up on my feed today. It's available from Amazon at a crazy low price:

Arrived today. Bit of a weird one really. It's heavyweight (180g) vinyl, labels look like they are repros of the original Decca labels but no catalogue number to be seen anywhere. The original record was mono but the centre label states this is stereo (I think there have been stereo re-issues).
The sound quality seems OK for what is a very poor sounding record anyway, certainly compares with a streamed version. The 'Beano' album featuring Clapton also sounds like it was recorded in someone's bathroom so perhaps that was fashionable for the mid-sixties. So, I'm not sure what I've got here but for £6.97 I'm not complaining.
Contains some nice early Peter Green guitar and two tracks credited to him alone.

Bootleg sourced from CD, especially in Europe there are a lot of these so called Grey label companies.
Can you see any info in the deadwax? Might tell you where it's pressed.

David L

Quote from: Thenop on August 07, 2024, 09:15:05 PM
Quote from: David L on August 07, 2024, 08:53:53 PM

Bootleg sourced from CD, especially in Europe there are a lot of these so called Grey label companies.
Can you see any info in the deadwax? Might tell you where it's pressed.
A couple of things in the deadwax:

LPB1 BLUESBREAKERS  A
MPO
SST
MW

There is some text at the bottom of the rear of the outer sleeve:

(copyright) 1967, 2015 Decca Music Group Ltd. Distributed by De Agostini Publishing Italia S.p.A su licenza Universal Music Italia Srl. Edzione non in vendita seperatamente dalla pubblicazione quattordicinale edita da De Agostini Publishing Italia S.p.A

May have been produced in Italy, I guess ?? Interestingly there is a small rectangular gold foil sticker rear, top, left that has multiple circles containing the letters SIAE along with a code DO 0191848770 at the top with DEST. EDITOR. below and code RE001 at the bottom. No idea what that is.

Of note, it was sold (via Amazon) by a company based in the UK called SpeedyHen and the included paperwork states that the UPC (Universal Part Code?) is 9700000420174

From listing on Amazon site:

Manufacturer ‏ : ‎ UK-L
Manufacturer reference ‏ : ‎ LP420174
Label ‏ : ‎ UK-L
ASIN ‏ : ‎ B007PBZWKA

I've looked on Discogs at the listed catalogue numbers and cannot see any that correspond to what I have here. I also think this must be a bootleg of some sort

Thenop

MPO is the pressing plant for sure, big plant in France that is. SST is I am guessing the label and MW are the initials of the mastering engineer, so the one who cut the lacquer.
I suspect the labels are just copies of originals.
Maybe it's licensed, maybe it's not, who knows?

pxr5

Nickslikk2112

Keeping up with the White Willow re-releases or even first time vinyl releases:

Ex Tenebris
Sacrament

Ali

Blue Öyster Cult - Fire of Unknown Origin (blue vinyl,Music on Vinyl)

Amplifier- Trippin' With Dr Faustus (double clear vinyl)

Nickslikk2112

David Gilmour - Luck and Strange (Bottle Green vinyl)

pxr5

pdw1

You might find this interesting

Pure Reason Revolution - In The Realm Of The Divine:
https://store.glassvillemusic.com/product/pure-reason-revolution-in-the-realms-of-the-divine

I have ordered my copy!

pxr5